Getting antsy

HB2

From the sounds of it the president and the money guys are getting worried about the economic forecast if this thing goes on . 

And the clowns in congress seemingly can't organize a 2 car funeral. Some using the situation to ram thru their agendas. A new low , if that's possible, in congress yesterday . 

And it seems , and I agree, that the cost of losing the economy and it tanking , is out weighing the potential death count . 

I don't see this shut down in it current state , lasting long  from what I saw yesterday . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishfearme said:

I think your going to be very surprised. Is not about the economy its about stemming the tide of what could possibly kill a large amount of people. If you value money over people i feel sad for you.

Not a very realistic statement 

22 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Not a very realistic statement 

what is not realistic about my statement? The problem as I see it is you re valuing the economy over the citizens of the country. The economy will recover dead people never recover.

23 minutes ago, HB2 said:

With that logic we should outlaw booze , guns , motorcycles , etc, etc, etc. 

Booze, guns,motorcycles are a choice. Your grandma/wife/son/grandchild  dying from a virus is your choice by bringing it to them.

8 minutes ago, fishfearme said:

Booze, guns,motorcycles are a choice. Your grandma/wife/son/grandchild  dying from a virus is your choice by bringing it to them.

Tell that to mothers against drunk drivers , the kids at Sandy hook . 

There are risks in life . Maybe I die or worse a family member . But at some point , you have to take the risk and let the chips fall where they may . 

3 hours ago, HB2 said:

With that logic we should outlaw booze , guns , motorcycles , etc, etc, etc. 

Have you seen the politicians agendas?  They are trying to outlaw and regulate some of those things. 

If the economy tanks worldwide there will be much more suffering than from any corona virus. Nobody even remembers that almost 14000 Americans died from H1N1 in 2009...it's like it didn't happen when you ask most people if they remember. How can we have such mass hysteria this time around?? The media. Why is everybody hoarding unnecessarily?? The media.

If people are freaking now, wait til they find out their job isn't there anymore after their caronavirus holiday is over. 

• Like 6

From wiki....... on H1N1

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% case fatality rate) in the United States due to the virus.[117]

From ABS News on Covid19

In the U.S., more than 55,000 people have been diagnosed and at least 796 people have died.

It might not be apples to apples, and you might argue the source quality, but based on these statistics the Covid19 mortality rate is 75 times as deadly....... perhaps that's why this particular virus is getting so much attention. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HB2 said:

Tell that to mothers against drunk drivers , the kids at Sandy hook . 

There are risks in life . Maybe I die or worse a family member . But at some point , you have to take the risk and let the chips fall where they may . 

Maybe you are foolish enough to take that risk which BTW is a lot higher than getting killed in an auto accident or getting shot by a domestic terrorist. I for one have enough compassion for my fellow man to take this virus seriously.

There are many small business folks like myself . And if we don't work , we don't eat or pay our bills . I don't want a handout or no interest loan or even a grant for that matter . I have the gov telling me I can't work ,( I'm classified essential ) , or evict my non paying tennents cabs a landlord ,which I probably wouldn't do anyway . 

I hope dont get sick or worse get a family member or someone else sick . 

You do what you feel is right and I will do the same . 

Just out of curiosity , where does your income stream come from ? 

6 hours ago, fishfearme said:

Maybe you are foolish enough to take that risk which BTW is a lot higher than getting killed in an auto accident or getting shot by a domestic terrorist. I for one have enough compassion for my fellow man to take this virus seriously.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:14 AM, HB2 said:

From the sounds of it the president and the money guys are getting worried about the economic forecast if this thing goes on . 

And the clowns in congress seemingly can't organize a 2 car funeral. Some using the situation to ram thru their agendas. A new low , if that's possible, in congress yesterday . 

And it seems , and I agree, that the cost of losing the economy and it tanking , is out weighing the potential death count . 

I don't see this shut down in it current state , lasting long  from what I saw yesterday . 

I agree with you.  This is a brush fire and its not going to burn equally.  Its going to burn hot and fast where the piles of dry fuel are.  Elsewhere else the burn is slower and more manageable provided reasonable actions taken. I've been watching too many folks acting like NYC is equivalent to the cornfields of Iowa....but it just hasn't made it there yet.  OK yes they didn't have as many folks flying in from China but no they are not the same density.  Yes it hasn't made it there as much yet but no its not the same.  If we act like everywhere is a full out burn, the prevention actions will be worse than the burn through.  NY upstate has always been screwed by the vast difference of downstate / NYC.  This is no different.