Running Charters

2 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

It's totally legal still to run charters/guide  if done right....that's not the issue...you won't have enough customers to make it feasible enough to make any money nor does it's seem possible to protect yourself day after day if you could find customers

If you can run a solo charter, have multiple customers on your boat and you never once come within 6ft of any of them all while actively fishing... you may have a 2nd career opportunity as a choreographer! 

and that’s assuming every group you get all live in the same household together. Cuz if they don’t and you have two Separate groups (plus you would make 3 groups). 0% chance you can accommodate that unless you’re chartering out of some crazy super yacht.

Edited by FishingFool34

I'm not much of a dancer or any good at the arts, but yes I can run solo trips with the right group or individual and keep 6 feet of distance.  Obviously a "make wish trip" with a kid in a wheelchair isn't going to possible, but on a fly-fishing trip I'm not within 6 feet or casting trips for that matter.  Trolling is doable as well.  My point was the law isn't what is going to prevent us from making money...it's cancelled trips.  NY may shut down outdoor guides, but they haven't yet.  

Let's look at it from the customers point of view -  you had guys on the boat the day prior handling rods, touching and leaning on everything, using your head etc.   Did you sterilize your boat between groups?  Probably not - not only putting yourself at a significant risk but also your clients.   Charters boats are less clean than most public restrooms that I've seen.   

33 minutes ago, brucehookedup said:

Yep I hear ya, that's why i chose to do what i'm doing. Maybe longer depending on the future issues.

Wasn’t directed at you - just making a general statement.  

Edited by AnglingAddict

13 hours ago, AnglingAddict said:

Charters boats are less clean than most public restrooms that I've seen.   

If you ever saw the interior of the "Hooked Up" boat you wouldn't say that. :grin:

1 hour ago, jimski2 said:

When a passenger becomes infected after being on your boat, does your insurance cover his medical costs? A good question for your insurance broker.

How in the world is anyone going to prove where they got infected ? Gas pump ? Grocery store ? Pharmacy ? Family member? Moving your garbage can ? on and on .There are to many variables to prove where you actually caught it . Wouldn't be surprised if just about everyone gets it over the course of the next year or so.

• Like 2

Gents;  I too am a charter captain and wondering the same thing.  I did notice there is a limit of 4 persons allowed in one of the sections around if your a sole owner of the business.  I have contacted the state and am awaiting their response on this.  I will post it once i receive it..

Todd Bassett   (Seadawg charters)

2 hours ago, wrinklestar said:

It works but you will need a little lube!  Blowback is gonna be horrible:mooning:

Sure but make sure you insert the right end ( if I only had a dime....), and don’t over-insert as the paddle wheel may add to comfort level. 

• Like 1

Michigan's State Emergency Operations Center coordinates release of all important news related to COVID-19, and the DNR and all state agencies are working closely with the SEOC.

Charter fishing and guide operations

Charter and fishing guide operations that involve boats, canoes and other marine vessels are not currently permitted.

These activities should cease immediately and not resume until at least April 13.

In addition to the DNR’ Law Enforcement Division, Michigan State Police and local law enforcement agencies have full authority to enforce the provisions of this order.

Bruce, Sounds like a Good plan. You and Michigan DNR thinking the same way.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:03 PM, brucehookedup said:

I have come to the conclusion of starting my trips on 4/18 if all gets better. Moving all of the others to later dates (i hope). My wife is already compromised so i do not need any issues legally and healthy wise let alone the wife.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, justtracytrolling said:

I'm not much of a dancer or any good at the arts, but yes I can run solo trips with the right group or individual and keep 6 feet of distance.  Obviously a "make wish trip" with a kid in a wheelchair isn't going to possible, but on a fly-fishing trip I'm not within 6 feet or casting trips for that matter.  Trolling is doable as well.  My point was the law isn't what is going to prevent us from making money...it's cancelled trips.  NY may shut down outdoor guides, but they haven't yet.  

And then it would take a day to disinfect your boat and all of your equipment and hope you don't take it home to your family. Good Luck