Hey guys- launched at 2 or so. Two sheriffs at Mexico bay launch. Talked to them a while. They reiterated that there is nothing wrong with fishing right now.

went 6/6, largest 11lb down to 15”. Released one, kept 5. Wonderbread, green emerald and some orange stinger whose name escapes me took fish. Tough conditions. 2.7mph. More toward the plant from catfish creek to find 39* water. Good time!

807BCC99-3781-4EE0-9051-EC6789FBE8CD.jpeg

6A23BC1E-CD8E-47BF-B3D7-7849A55CB5EC.jpeg

A350052D-366D-4144-A352-F8E27AB64D42.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, Low Baller said:

Have sanitizer and toilet paper, will travel. I think alot of guys would shoot me at the border. Keep posting pics, be safe and smart. I'm the ghost in your boat . lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The sheriff was specific about guys outta state not traveling unfortunately, otherwise you’re more than welcome on my boat!

11 minutes ago, Offshore IV said:

The sheriff was specific about guys outta state not traveling unfortunately, otherwise you’re more than welcome on my boat!

Were there any outta state guys they were talking to?  I'm not going anywhere short term but eventually...…  Granted I don't use the state launch but even still good to stay up on what is going on.  

Hopefully labor day weekend will be a go. Just have to suck it up for now. It would be an honor to roll on your rig. I will definitely take you up on that. We're pretty much in the same boat in Pa. We can purchase license on line and use phones for proof. We have to display fishing license but have pocket hunting license. Turkey is right around the corner, get to practice social distancing in the woods.

42 minutes ago, Fat Trout said:

Were there any outta state guys they were talking to?  I'm not going anywhere short term but eventually...…  Granted I don't use the state launch but even still good to stay up on what is going on.  

Honestly idk what they were doing. Just sitting there. Didn’t check my registration, nothing. I just made sure my guys were abiding by the pfd requirement 

50 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

I noticed in your pics you had a rigger down. What depth were you and were the bigger browns hugging bottom. Curious if the down temp was a few degrees different than surface depending on depth and or water clarity.

Riggers were 10 and 15’, 15’ fires for the 11lb brown in 20’. I do not have a fishahwk as that’s for the richer people lol that was our only rigger fire of the night

4 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

maybe im missing it but just looked it up and cant find anywhere a travel ban on out of stater's coming into NY. please correct me if im wrong.

3 hours ago, nhjim said:

maybe im missing it but just looked it up and cant find anywhere a travel ban on out of stater's coming into NY. please correct me if im wrong.

There is no travel ban, the sheriff only recommended what not to do. He is a charter capt and said he would not charter for out of staters for now. If you’re from out of state, you’ll be fine if you have your own boat. You won’t get hassled at the launch. 

• Like 1

Love the fact that you have a "grip & grin" inside the house. My takeaway from this photo, guy on the left doesn't live there since the pouch is sniffing him out. Dude in the middle owns the house. Guy on the right is that friend that refuses to take his shoes off while in the house. Congrats on a nice trip and thanks for sharing

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 minutes ago, choked-up said:

Love the fact that you have a "grip & grin" inside the house. My takeaway from this photo, guy on the left doesn't live there since the pouch is sniffing him out. Dude in the middle owns the house. Guy on the right is that friend that refuses to take his shoes off while in the house. Congrats on a nice trip and thanks for sharing

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My guess is the guy on the left owns a dog and does not live there.  The guy in the middle also does not live there because they don't have their shoes on.  Guy on the right with shoes owns the house.