House Bill

Money allocation is slow from government to businesses. I work for a health center and my CEO informed me she received a call from feds asking if we suffered any loses from Hurricane Sandy so we can be reimbursed........

They definitely don't read the bills...cliff notes from a staffer at best I'd say!  Figure I'll use mine for new trolling reels...anyone that needs the money it's not enough to last long I wouldn't think.  I'll put it right back in the economy...last time I bought a Winchester model 70!  Still smile every time I use it!

• Like 1

This bill is stuffed with pork but is an example of the bloat in the federal government by both parties over the years.   Change will never come because it is difficult to remove an incumbent because the cost for someone to run is in the millions.  Incumbents continually are campaigning.  In this bill is like $50 million for the Kennedy Center(they honor four or five artists each year among other things) some built in extra dollars for congressional costs.  They wanted to tag the Green New Deal stuff with it, fortunately not much got in it.

Many Americans don't vote at all, or cannot name their representatives from President on down.  Don't believe me, ask some of your friends to recite the names or your kids and see what you get.  

It is sad and the sadder part is that there should be an incentive for buying things later this year, companies buying equipment, trucks etc to get the economy moving and I doubt that will happen.  Took us years to recover from the Great Depression in 1929, the recession of 1982(interest rates at 20%)  or the Great Recession of 2008.  This is not like a TV episode that gets wrapped up in 60 minutes.  

3.3 million jobs lost last week alone!        

• Like 1

In my opinion,bills like this are 1400 pages cause no one reads every page and somewhere between page 856 and 1139 is the page that has two or three lines where special perks are given to a select few. 

• Like 1

It is just absolutely disgusting that they put a pay raise in for themselves $25 million(democrats).  All of them need to be voted out of office the next time they run! They have done nothing for the taxpayer for the last three years.  What a bunch of blood sucking leeches!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES 
10 SALARIES AND EXPENSES
11 For an additional amount for ‘‘Salaries and Ex-
12 penses’’, $25,000,000, to remain available until September 
13 30, 2021, except that $5,000,000 shall remain available 
14 until expended, for necessary expenses of the House of 
15 Representatives to prevent, prepare for, and respond to 
16 coronavirus, to be allocated in accordance with a spend 
17 plan submitted to the Committee on Appropriations of the 
18 House of Representatives by the Chief Administrative Of-
19 ficer and approved by such Committee: Provided, That 
20 such amount is designated by the Congress as being for 
21 an emergency requirement pursuant to section 
22 251(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency 
23 Deficit Control Act of 1985.

Imagine if you and your coworkers could set your own pay raises...I'd bet you would see the same...does anyone really think that $25000000 is the worst part of the bill?  Its  .001% of the total expense...yes it's absolutely criminal in these times, but I think there are much bigger problems with other portions of the pork that we will be paying for...everybody seems to want a hand out that in the grand scheme of things isn't gonna help. 

Edited by justtracytrolling
Clarification

7 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

Imagine if you and your coworkers could set your own pay raises...I'd bet you would see the same...does anyone really think that $25000000 is the worst part of the bill?  Its  .001% of the total expense...yes it's absolutely criminal in these times, but I think there are much bigger problems with other portions of the pork that we will be paying for...everybody seems to want a hand out that in the grand scheme of things isn't gonna help. 

I differ take into account the loss in Mutual and Stocks. Some of us have to draw on them to supplement income. So yes a $1200 or whatever the incentive plan eventually does matter and is critical to many.