State of Washington Closes Recreational Fishing

44 minutes ago, Gator said:

Why'd you have to go giving them ideas?

Do you think its possible that our Encon department officials don't already know that Washington shut down.

Am I letting the cat out of the bag?  

Edited by Rookie Fisherman

In Washington state there are a lot of places where people stand shoulder to shoulder while fishing (kind of like 8 mile creek here). That makes it almost impossible not to come into physical contact. Nobody in their right mind should do that now (or any time).

8 hours ago, Rookie Fisherman said:

Do you think its possible that our Encon department officials don't already know that Washington shut down.

Am I letting the cat out of the bag?  

Joking, lol. Of course they knew already. I suspect that there are places both around here and downstate where people line up to catch fish, and these places could provide some justification for a similar decision in NY, but I hope not. Still, this is NY. So don't rule anything out.

1 hour ago, spoonfed-1 said:

A sanctuary state bans recreational fishing for the good of the people. Unbelievable.

damm illegals are overcrowding the streams too ? whoda thunk

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Combat fishing happens here. April 1 trout opener will have gridlock at the bridges. Watch out for the sneezers.

Crazy how much of a difference there is between US and CDN fishing regulations.  You get almost a full month jump on CDN's for trout.  Fish will still be on beds until mid-April.  Same with the green carp (bass) season but I don't care about those things.