Proposed License Fees

LOC Derby

Here are the new proposed license fee increases.

conservation legacy $76 -> $96

super sportsman $68 -> $88

sportsman $37 -> $47

SR sportsman $5 -> $10

sm/bg game $19 -> $29

fishing $19 -> $29

SR fishing $5 -> $5

fishing (blind) $0 -> $5 (qualifies for federal revenues)

DMP $5 w/ sportsman application fee

DMP w/out sportsman $10

mil/disabled $5

bowhunting $16 -> $21

JR bowhunting $9

SR bowhunting $0

muzzleloader $16 -> $21

sr. muzzleloader $0

small game $16 -> $26

JR small game $5 -> $5

turkey permit $5 -> $10

trapping $16 -> $21

SR trapping $0 -> $5

JR trapping $6 -> $6

7 day fishing $12 -> $15

no resident one-day fishing license

lifetime sportsman (0-4 yrs) $300 -> $381

lifetime sportsman (5 - 11 yrs old ) $420 -> $534

lifetime sportsman (12 - 65) $600 -> $762

lifetime sportsman (65 -> up) $54 -> $60

lifetime small/big game $350 -> $534

lifetime lifetime fishing $300 -> $458

lifetime fishing 65 up $50 -> $100

lifetime lifetime trapping $300 -> $529

lifetime bowhunting $180 -> $317

lifetime muzzleloading $180 -> $317

non-resident

super sportsman $250 -> $280

big game $110 -> $140

bowhunting $110 -> $140

JR bowhunting $9 -> $9

muzzleloading $110 -> $140

bear $30 -> $50

small game $55 -> $85

JR small game $5 -> $10

turkey $30 -> $50

trapping $255 -> $310

fishing $40 -> $70

7-day fishing $25 -> $35

1-day $15 -> $25

I always said that I would pay what it takes to fish L.O. esp. being from out of state. And will continue to do so no matter what the fees are. But looking at the proposal of a possible 75% increase for non-resident, I can see some that may not or simply can't unless they allow the 3 rod per person :)

Stupid idiots in Albany....where's the part about them cutting thier salaries and pork spending habits instead of ruining the states economy further by increasing the costs to enjoy the resources of the state,,, most of which are free and are totally undermanaged. I'm sure they will not put any of these increases to any good use, except to loose it all in the general fund. Paying for government madams $2000 an hour, keeping dead wood around in useless offices like the guy who has to come make sure your electrical grounds are working on installations....and that's ALL he does, but we need a stste official to do that :$ With the population of this state, you would think there would never be a problem...must be the city....don't they have their own taxes? I'll bet they don't fish or hunt either...Hmmmm.. do you suppose we are supporting the elite in the city of New York again? NO DOUT ABOUT IT :@

Mark

And I thought that Mass was the most screwed up state They want to increase the tax on a gallon of gas 29 cents to pay for there big dig blunder over here and make the people that don't even go near the city pay for it :devil: they just love to hit people were it hurts.Instead of cutting there spending and getting rid of the losers that suck the states dry they hammer us :headbang: the ones that pay for there jobs.So now there will be a few less of us fishing with fee's like that. For me the only way to escape the crap is to be out on the boat away from the hustle and bustle of Life. It's a dam shame. but heah I hope all of the big CEO's of the banking companies choke on the Millions of $$ in bonuses they got :@ Don't worry we will take care of you :mooning: The middle class people always do :clap: I could go on and on but I won't Like has been said I will pay what ever fee's they want. It's just to bad they want to go this route.

I also heard that I will need another license to fish the NY side of Sandy Hook. I hope that the one license I buy to fish the lake will cover the salt water also.

Don’t need to buy two different ones.

NJ is talking about a salt water license and it would be separate from the fresh water one.

I have already decided that if this becomes law, I will no longer purchase the supersportsman license that used to be $68.

I will only buy what I will use. There are a lot of people like me who buy the super in hopes they will have the time to use the full priveledges that it affords us. however, as I have gone thru every year purchaseing the super, I still have yet to use everything it gives. $10 is not much to quible but it is the principle of the thing.

Mark

My take on the proposal is this.

We spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars every yr on boat equipment upgrades, rods & reels and tackle. A $30 increase in my non resident license is a small price to pay for the things I love to do.

Do I like the proposed increase, NO !!

But I'm going to pay it and complain the same as I did when dock gas was $4.50 a gallon..

But the sound of a screaming drag from the first king of the season seems to make the little extra we have to pay worth it.

Brian

It seems to me New York's Fee increase is designed to do one thing. That is to destroy the charter & guide fishing business, since a large percent of our business comes from out of state clients. They can change their theme from "I Love New York" to "New York The Broken Down State" that does not want you to come here and spend MONEY. Just had to vent. :@

Maasuchusetts ain't much better. This fricken Governer wants to raise the gas tax by

29 cents a gal. making us the higest in the nation. I just heard today he wants to put a gps chip in the state inspection stickers and tax you on how far you drive. By the way his first week in office he went out to buy the Governers car. A Ford Crown Vic.

He came home with a Cadillac. The following week he gave his wife a part time job as a scheduler for a measly $87,000 a year. Nice huh? Oh did I mention he's a democrat?

I got alot of friends up in NY and I know you guys got it real bad also. Want to creat jobs and they drive industry from the state with their taxes.

Oh man I got to get out on the water soon.

Glen