Electric or manual start

BTW Walmart batteries suck. Cheap Chinese junk that doesn't last.

Also, $5 core charge is a joke. Last time I took a used up battery to scrap yard, they gave me $12. Got rid of a bunch of brake rotors and other metal scrap in the same trip. Bought my battery on line from Advanced, got a discount for ordering on line and picked it up on the way to the scrap yard. Win Win Win

BTW Walmart batteries suck. Cheap Chinese junk that doesn't last.
Also, $5 core charge is a joke. Last time I took a used up battery to scrap yard, they gave me $12. Got rid of a bunch of brake rotors and other metal scrap in the same trip. Bought my battery on line from Advanced, got a discount for ordering on line and picked it up on the way to the scrap yard. Win Win Win
$5 Core charge is not a joke if you are not turning in a battery, which was my point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I appreciate the advice. I do buy my batteries online from advanced and always look for discount code to apply towards it. As far as core, I usually am buying a new battery because another is bad, so I’m alway exchanging with them (so core fee is an even swap). I will be looking into my local scrap yard exchange price though. Hey, a buck is a buck, and if they can get me $5-$10 more than Advanced,  I’ll do it. I’m excited about this “dual” battery idea. I’ve had numerous marine batteries over the years, but never a dual. 
Hey, I think I’m good on battery (Avanced-dual purpose)...any other outboard dealer sites you’d recommend for a 15hp?  

I bought my 9.9 Yamaha on line from Shipyard Island Marine in Wisconsin. Great price and back then, no sales tax. Don't know if you can get away with that these days but I would try. I had to have it delivered to my work because you need a fork lift to unload from truck and put in my pick up truck. Whole process was easy but I worked for a fairly small company. You could probably pick it up in Wisconsin if you were in the neighborhood or felt like a road trip. Shipyard phone number 920-847-2533

On 4/4/2020 at 10:30 AM, slamminsam said:

ohhh, BTW...I like the dual battery idea best. I’ll definitely be looking into that option. Are the Walmart ones dual?  

yes wall mart sells the duel purpose batteries. and they are as good as other batteries. I think there is only 3 companies in the us that makes and sells to large supply stores like wall mart. but there may be a few more now. but i've used wall mart batteries for yrs.