Official Fishing Guide lines for New York & other states***UPDATED 5-8-20***

I just cannot fathom how people think there are no risks at this time just to catch a few fish.  Mind boggling.  

Until the state STOPS promoting fishing and the outdoors, we can’t give anyone crap for going fishing as long as they are careful. It doesn’t matter if their is a million people at the river. Those people were told to go fishing. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Until the state STOPS promoting fishing and the outdoors, we can’t give anyone crap for going fishing as long as they are careful. It doesn’t matter if their is a million people at the river. Those people were told to go fishing. Am I wrong?

It is if they arent 6 feet apart.

9 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Then someone better go put 6’ marks on the ground. It won’t be me.

10 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Then someone better go put 6’ marks on the ground. It won’t be me.

You got a fishing pole in your hand use that, then you know your good.  

C'mon, Scotty!! It will be a trip. We can be the distance police and harass guys who aren't abiding. 

I would rub you all over your body and if I don’t put my hands in any hole on my body before I take a acid bath after touching Gator, I’m good....lol
It’s about being smart and yes, a lot of people are not.
I hope you don’t get a nightmare tonight Keith...lol

N,Y.State Govenor update

UPDATED: APRIL 9, 2020 at 8:00 AM13.

Recreation

• Parks and other open public spaces, except playgrounds and other areas of congregation where social distancing cannot be abided
  • However, golf courses are not essential
  • However, use of boat launches and marinas for recreational vessels is not considered essential

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Okay. I wonder if that means that the marina operations need to close, but public launches, which aren't staffed, can remain open? I don't think that they can close down a lake...it's akin to open public space. And frankly, in terms of social distancing, the interactions between fishermen on the water are a drop in the bucket.

Okay. I wonder if that means that the marina operations need to close, but public launches, which aren't staffed, can remain open? I don't think that they can close down a lake...it's akin to open public space. And frankly, in terms of social distancing, the interactions between fishermen on the water are a drop in the bucket.

I’d tell ya no way, but if we continue to see dumb “”ases congregate and not use common sense I’d say count on it.

Free RTS bus rides to continue through April 29

CREDIT ROCHESTER GENESEE REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY

The Regional Transit Service has extended its temporary fare waiver through April 29 to coincide with the extension of the state's shutdown order.

The bus service initially waived fares on March 19 through April 19, with the idea being to keep public transportation available for those who need it and cut riders a financial break during a health crisis that has robbed many of their livelihoods.

So in NY STATE you cannot launch your boat in most launches now to go sit in a boat with NO chance of sitting next to strangers for next several hours if you wanted..... BUT you still can ride the public buses in Rochester NY for free and pick up strangers EVERY several hundred yards or so EVERY 5 minutes or less on hundreds of public buses...................

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

• Like 1

I was planning to use the county launch at the Oak on Sunday. I realize it's blowin to beat hell today but if anybody has any first hand info on status of the launch please let me know, thanks

PENSYLVANIA UPDATE       4-10-20

Executive Director of the Fish and Boat Commission

As we continue to drive home the social distancing message, would you please share the following and attached materials via your networks?  Please free to also share and use any of the materials on our website:  www.fishandboat.com.

In particular, the video at the following link and the graphic below have really resonated:  https://youtu.be/NUtaY260DDA.

Thank you in advance for sharing the social distancing message far and wide.

FAQs ABOUT FISHING AND BOATING IN PA DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
During a time when most of our daily activities continue to be impacted by the COVID-19
pandemic, our favorite fishing and boating activities are no exception. Anglers and boaters
must abide by social distancing guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control
(CDC) and Governor Tom Wolf’s Stay-at-Home Order regarding COVID-19.
Effective 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
(PFBC), in consultation with the Office of the Governor, Pennsylvania Department of Health,
and Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), opened the
statewide 2020 trout season. This measure allows licensed anglers and youth to begin fishing
for and harvesting trout. All regulations, sizes, and creel limits apply.
Below is a list of answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Still have questions?
Call (717) 705-7800 or email [email protected].
Q: May I still fish and boat? Even under the stay-at-home order?
A: Yes. Effective 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the PFBC opened the statewide 2020
trout season. Fishing and boating are currently acceptable forms of outdoor activities per the
stay-at-home guidelines from the Governor and PA Department of Health when social
distancing is practiced.
• Fish close to home
• Only go fishing with family members living in the same household
• Allow at least 6 feet between yourself and others
• If another angler is in an area you intended to fish, move on to another location
Q: What should I do to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus while fishing or boating?
A: There are many things you can do:•

Stay home if you do not feel well
• Cover your face with a mask or cloth covering
• Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6
feet (the length of an outstretched standard
fishing rod) between you and the nearest angler
• Avoid crowds. If you arrive at a fishing spot that is
already occupied, find another location.
• Keep children from wandering into the personal
space of others
• Do not share fishing gear
• Do not carpool•

Buy your fishing license online
• Continue to follow CDC guidelines, which include washing your hands or using hand
sanitizer frequently, and not touching your face
• If you are fishing at a state or local park, the restrooms may be closed. Use the
bathroom before you visit or dispose of waste properly. Carry out your trash.
Q: Has trout season been cancelled?
A: Not at this time. Effective 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the PFBC, in consultation with
the Office of the Governor, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and Pennsylvania Department
of Conservation and Natural Resources, opened the statewide 2020 trout season.
Q: What does the trout opener mean for Mentored Youth Day?
A: A Mentored Youth Trout Day will not take place this season. The PFBC will honor all
Voluntary Youth Fishing Licenses purchased in 2020 for all mentored youth fishing opportunities
during the 2021 season.
Q: Are you still stocking trout?
A: Yes. PFBC staff are still working hard to stock 3.2 million trout across the state in 2020, but
volunteers are not permitted to assist. To further discourage group gatherings, a stocking
schedule and list of waters that have been stocked will not be provided to the public this season.
Q: Do I still need a fishing license?
A: Yes. To reduce unnecessary travel and social contact, anglers may produce a digital copy of
their license on their mobile device as proof of purchase. A signed, printed copy is not required
to prove you own a license. If approached by a Waterways Conservation Officer in the field, an
angler or boater can provide a digital image or receipt of their fishing license, and a digital
receipt from their launch permit or boat registration. Anglers may still display their fishing
license. Visit the FishBoatPA app or www.fishandboat.com to get started.

Q: Where may I fish and boat?
A: Select a location close to home. Visit the FishBoatPA app or www.fishandboat.com to locate
an access area and refer to the 2020 Fishing Summary Book for seasons and creel limits.
Q: How do I report suspected fishing violations, including poaching before trout season
starts?
A: Call the tip line at 1-855-FISH-KIL (1-855-347-4545).

Still have questions? Again, we welcome your call at 717-705-7800 or email at RA-
[email protected].

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL