Stay at home order

Does N.Y. have a stay at home order are you allowed to trailer boats , I'd like to trailer the boat up to the finger lakes but we have a stay at home order here in Pa. , wonder if PA or NY officials would pull me over .Looks like alot of you guys are still fishing any problems .

Edited by chugbug

I spoke with a long time friend in pulaski. Alot of folks up there are getting anxious about out of state folks. Lot of guys going for steelhead and browns. Personally I think for now we should respect everyone's backyard. Alot of good fishing at home. Nothing like the O, but still worth it. They're just fish. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

31 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

I spoke with a long time friend in pulaski. Alot of folks up there are getting anxious about out of state folks. Lot of guys going for steelhead and browns. Personally I think for now we should respect everyone's backyard. Alot of good fishing at home. Nothing like the O, but still worth it. They're just fish. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No disagreement on hanging tight for now.  However a NY plate doesn't hold a lot of value in my book these days.  I'm in Rural NW  NJ.  My situation is definitely better than the "in state" NY guys to the east of me (NYC / Westchester).  Hopefully as this moves forward each person considers their own situation appropriately.  Even then, when I do go to my Lake O camp, I'm going to bring what I need, keep to myself and avoid stores /keep a low profile for a while.  

• Like 1

But you can still contract the virus if you come up here.....And the scary part is you may contract i on your way here or on your way home if you hit a rest stop type thing. The govt is basically asking everyone to suffer for now. My son is having my first grandchild. He lives in NC. I live up in fair haven. I am supposed to go there april 8th for the delivery...Out of respect for my own health as much as anyone around me I am staying home. Yes I can go out and fish here, yes I can hop in my kayak and go fish or paddle with my swans and YES i have kept 100% away from everyone and this area is only got 3 cases in the county......But I dont feel good about driving down to NC and being there for two weeks and driving back here......I dont want to potentially infect  others and I dont want anyone to unintentionally infect me. Charter captains should consider knitting for now....The last thing anyone wants is "Our wondrous customers" having their glory of catching a fish only to infect others locally.....And that will happen because of the demographics that 99% of fishing in our region of lake ontario mostly comes from way outside the counties we are in up here......As in your case NW NJ

We probably will get some restrictions on that once the season truly opens....For now be respectful of others please and do not try and segregate your situation as "ok"........Its not...All it takes is one trip to burger king and you have it ....or to your local store to get your "supplies".....for that matter Hell I dont even want to drive thru PA one of the busiest travel thru states on the east coast........Stay home for now please. Its best for everyone imo

Edited by mrclean
  • Like 2

thanks im 58 too lol...this is my first one.  I was even willing to take my ex (my sons mother) to see her new joy but its really best we stay put.  Ive been at home and by myself since this all started. My son even wants me to come down but I said no. He tells me the hospital has me on a list where I can go into the room....Something tells me thats not right lol...I mean who would want anyone from NY coming down to NC and going in a delivery room?? Even I say thats not good lol....

• Like 1

Mr.clean I respect ur decision especially bein its a huge event. I’m from Northeast Pa (The Pocono area) and were surrounded by communitys with summer homes for people from NYC and they are swarming the area now comin from “The Epicenter” of the pandemic. All local gas stations and food marts are loaded with NY license plates and now our countys number are doubleing every 2 days. And it doesnt help the Martz busses have been running non stop back and forth from NYC till they got shutdown today. I’m itchin to get on Lake Ontario. I have a house now in Pulaski, but i will be stayin home DRooling over the pics you guys are posting. ;(
Congratulations Mr.Clean and hope all goes well for you and your family

Edited by Hachimo

Thanks appreciate it....Obviously I wish I could be there but just outta respect for the whole situation its best to stay put for now....I can always show my new grand daughter what I did while she was being born with this video from yesterday....

• Like 1

Mr.clean I respect ur decision especially bein its a huge event. I’m from Northeast Pa (The Pocono area) and were surrounded by communitys with summer homes for people from NYC and they are swarming the area now comin from “The Epicenter” of the pandemic. All local gas stations and food marts are loaded with NY license plates and now our countys number are doubleing every 2 days. And it doesnt help the Martz busses have been running non stop back and forth from NYC till they got shutdown today. I’m itchin to get on Lake Ontario. I have a house now in Pulaski, but i will be stayin home DRooling over the pics you guys are posting. ;(
Congratulations Mr.Clean and hope all goes well for you and your family
Stop at the WaWa in Blakeslee or White Haven in the Pocono's and there are few Pa plates, they are all NY and NJ. Big city people have a different attitude.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You are allowed to trailer boats as of today in NY.   

Just use common sense and don't hit any rest areas, bring wipes/gloves/sanitizer for gas pump handles,

keep your distance and think everything through so you're prepared and safe to yourself and others.

Fishing is the oldest form of social distancing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

You are allowed to trailer boats as of today in NY.   

Just use common sense and don't hit any rest areas, bring wipes/gloves/sanitizer for gas pump handles,

keep your distance and think everything through so you're prepared and safe to yourself and others.

Fishing is the oldest form of social distancing.

Yup.

Edited by spoonfed-1

Does N.Y. have a stay at home order are you allowed to trailer boats , I'd like to trailer the boat up to the finger lakes but we have a stay at home order here in Pa. , wonder if PA or NY officials would pull me over .Looks like alot of you guys are still fishing any problems .

Stay in PA. Spreading this virus is not worth a trip to the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

sThis should be a lot simpler than people are making it. Respect your family, friends, neighbors, and fellow Americans by following the rules set forth. Nobody likes it. It is inconvenient and engenders the emotional reaction of "Nobody is going to tell me what to do or that I can't go fishing etc." This is a time to put our personal preferences and differences aside and pull together to help slow down this emerging train wreck. Putting self or others at risk is immature, selfish, and not in the spirit of being a good citizen at the very least.  This is the most serious situation we have had in a long long time and in my lifetime I have never seen one this potentially disasterous.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 5

Sk8man you are right on stuck here in Florida trying to ride this wave hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel be safe still going to take you out for a breakfast & a coffee when this is over

I dont see how this situation will improve before June. And even then IMO it will not be business as normal until there is a flu shot for the Chinese virus. The reality is we need to think about the long haul

• Like 1

Well I made a post on another thread about how long will it take. Idk......I do several events during the Summer and Fall and I really dont see how they will be pulling those off....Its too early to cancel them right now but I dont see how this can all clear up to the point that standard life is reached by Summer. Im trying to be realistic to myself lol.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:22 AM, spoonfed-1 said:

Yup.

One boater reported landing 500 perch last week on :Lake Erie, that is social distancing. Opening day trout fishing had hundreds of fishermen out, yet they all practiced "social distancing" with no "combat fishing" situations observed. It was the best opener ever.

Edited by jimski2