Brighter side of COVD-19

I been looking at the fishing reports.  It has a lot of pictures of kids holding fish. They all have big smiles.  With schools closed and sports and other entertainment stuff closed lets hope there is more family bonding.  We need it.  Icing on the cake would be that with more free time on our hands that it gives us time or more time to read.  A good starter would be the Holy Bible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

x2 on reduction in telemarketing crap.

Separately I found a leak under my stairs in my well pressure tank that I would never have found if I wasn't digging through supplies.  It only recently started and would have caused damage.   so while I'd rather have found the damage and never had any of us deal with this Covid thing.....what the hell, I'll be thankful for finding it because of Covid-19

16 hours ago, High Bidder said:

The other bright side is that I haven't had an annoying telemarketer call for days now.

You know what... this has been great. I typically get about 10-12 calls a week. That is now zero. I love it. 

• Like 1

I found this on another site today

Amazing What We Think We Need

Kind of reflecting on the state of us Westerners today. We thought we needed all of our wants....entertainment, sports nonstop, pleasure, comfort and ease, pampered appointments, videos.....etc. Needs in reality are health, family, food, security, companionship, and empathy enough to be servants rather than the served. Maybe when this is over a lot of us will realize what we can REALLY do without......and what we cannot do without. Get to know your family, do something that doesn't involve a video game, build a campfire, cook something special, call that elderly friend who lives alone, look at your spouse with no distractions, teach your dog a new trick, finish with excellence all the projects and honey-dos you have put off for so long, sleep hard, pray for each other and our leaders. Availability is the greatest ability in the world.

6 hours ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

I am seeing a lot of kids outdoors, and not just fishing. I would add that everyone, not just kids, will be more grateful for everything around us.    

Thank you. My wife was complaining about not getting toilet paper at the store. I quipped back. Be thankful. she said for what I replied we have food on the table, we are both still working and nobody we know is sick. This is terrible for everyone.however if we all work together as a nation we can pull through to the other side of this tragedy.