Seneca China virus

2 hours ago, Gator said:

I've got a great idea. Let's all spread big gobs of hate around, and throw in some intolerance. Maybe a bit of holier-than-thou, some judgmental bigotry, and a side-show of rancor. I am so tired of the BS that I see all over the internet, and I so don't want to see it here.

I don't care what your politics are...can we quit squabbling and work together to support one another? Just for a little while? Or is it more important to play the blame game?

Most of the guys on here are good folk who I respect greatly. So why do I feel sick at the though of politicizing the current heartbreak? Sorry for the rant. I read something that pushed a button. 

Well written and completely agree.  Some people are very distressed with this and others not so much (not a reflection of what is stated on this website but what is observed/reported throughout North America) so all we should focus on is listening to those providing sound medical advice, i.e. medical experts. 

As an aside, the Spanish Flu origin was not from Spain.  

Edited by hairybumcrack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gator said:

I've got a great idea. Let's all spread big gobs of hate around, and throw in some intolerance. Maybe a bit of holier-than-thou, some judgmental bigotry, and a side-show of rancor. I am so tired of the BS that I see all over the internet, and I so don't want to see it here.

I don't care what your politics are...can we quit squabbling and work together to support one another? Just for a little while? Or is it more important to play the blame game?

Most of the guys on here are good folk who I respect greatly. So why do I feel sick at the though of politicizing the current heartbreak? Sorry for the rant. I read something that pushed a button. 

Meliora

6 hours ago, land locked said:

Everyone knows it's called Kung flu!!

Now that's some funny stuff! Great tension breaker - got to laugh these days or you'll cry. Keep on keepin' on.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, Gator said:

I don't care what your politics are...can we quit squabbling and work together to support one another? Just for a little while? Or is it mbore important to play the blame game?

I have a lot of hate for the Chinese government for hiding this from the world and no tolerance for their lies at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie P said:

I have a lot of hate for the Chinese government for hiding this from the world and no tolerance for their lies at all.

It would take a really pile of  to crap cover up and down play the whole thing. I wonder if Xi Jinping made up un tested cures too!

No matter where you look, there is propaganda and lies everywhere, including all of North America.  All we can do is control what we and our families do otherwise this will be around for a long period of time and the economy will be in the toilet.  The quicker we adhere to what is being stated, the sooner we can resume some normalcy.  

Edited by hairybumcrack
  • Like 1

I'm pissed off at the Chinese government for suppressing this when it was first identified, but I'm also pissed off at the American government for downplaying its severity and at the American public for ignoring the guidance of health efforts that could have minimized the impact. There's blame enough to go around - or maybe I'm just a curmudgeon. 

• Like 2

Tue, Mar 31 at 12:13 PM

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
DEC Delivers - Information to keep you connected and informed from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
Share or view as a web page || Update preferences or unsubscribe

Response to COVID-19: A Message to Fishing Charters, Guides and Anglers

Fishing Safely This Season

A fishing rod between two peopleNew York State is open for fishing and DEC encourages anglers to recreate locally at a nearby waterbody. New York's lakes and streams offer great opportunities for fishing in a wide array of settings across the state. Even during the current COVID-19 public health crisis, getting outdoors and connecting with nature while angling in New York's waters is a great way to help maintain mental and physical health.

Please continue to follow the CDC/New York State Department of Health guidelines for preventing the spread of colds, flu, and COVID-19:

• Try to keep at least six feet of distance between you and others.
  • Avoid close contact, such as shaking hands.
  • Wash hands often or use a hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
  • Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as doorknobs, handrails, and playground equipment.

When fishing, DEC recommends avoiding busy waters and following the guidelines on DEC's website about fishing responsibly in New York State. If an angler arrives at a parking lot and there are several cars, they should consider going to another parking lot. If an angler is fishing upstream, they should fish downstream of the other angler or consider fishing another day. Anglers fishing from boats should always be able to maintain at least six feet of distance between one another. For more information about the benefits of being outdoors safely and responsibly, go to DEC's website. 

Charters and Guides

The "New York State on PAUSE" Executive Order, a 10-point policy to assure uniform safety for everyone during the COVID-19 response, includes a directive that all non-essential businesses statewide must close effective at 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, and temporarily bans all non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason.

At this time, fishing guides or charters of any size have been determined to be not essential and are subject to workforce reduction requirements of the Executive Order. The full and updated guidance on which types of businesses are determined essential and other designations associated with the order can be found online

Edited by Lucky13

fishing guides are not essential.  government can keep liquor stores open, they want to sell pot. this is essential. they want me to play by the rules, but they make rules for themselves to make them look essential. its time to get rid of them. 

People don't get DT's from fishing withdrawal.  They may go stir crazy but they don't suffer from altered mental status.  Time for people to quit thinking about themselves and think of others. 

24 minutes ago, hairybumcrack said:

People don't get DT's from fishing withdrawal.  They may go stir crazy but they don't suffer from altered mental status.  Time for people to quit thinking about themselves and think of others. 

Try being stuck in the house with a wife that is homeschooling your kid because school is closed, your wife is laid off and you can't drink due to being allergic to alcohol.  Fishing is my only outlet from stress.  

• Like 1

our government will never tell the American people the real truth. all reports we hear from china make no sense. I think they have over a million dead already. our brain dead media tells us we have lost more people here than china. who do you think is causing all this fear. the democrat controlled media. our state is a sanctuary state. every city in this state is sanctuary. this is why ny leads this nation with this virus.  

2 hours ago, Ray4852 said:

our government will never tell the American people the real truth. all reports we hear from china make no sense. I think they have over a million dead already. our brain dead media tells us we have lost more people here than china. who do you think is causing all this fear. the democrat controlled media. our state is a sanctuary state. every city in this state is sanctuary. this is why ny leads this nation with this virus.  

Continuing with the partisan hate is doing nothing to help. The cats out of the bag and all we can do is try and contain it at this point or do nothing then stack the bodies up. Your choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Try being stuck in the house with a wife that is homeschooling your kid because school is closed, your wife is laid off and you can't drink due to being allergic to alcohol.  Fishing is my only outlet from stress.  

Are you a guide?  Did I say anything about a fisherman not going fishing?  No.  Your response has nothing to do with what I stated if you read it.

No hate from me just trying to tell the truth. it amaze me what people really know today when they watch corporate fake  democrat hate news that hate our country.  thank god we have a man in office that came up thru the ranks that know life and knows how to deal with people. the people we had in office the last 50 years have sold us out. New York State is a sanctuary state. one party only same ideas same clowns. I'm not worried about this virus. I new something was coming to this country. this is only a wake up for us. pick up a history book and read it. why did people sail hear. because they wanted a better life. I don t feel sorry for people today. I fell sorry for the children born today. I have to fight to keep this country free till they can take over. do I care about brain dead liberals. hell no. most of them have a mental disorder. most of them think this world is all love and fun loving. 

In the United States all citizens have a first amendment. our fore fathers fought for our bill of rights to protect us from future government that don't like our way of life. just think what this country would look like if we didn't have our bill of rights.