Duckworth 20' Advantage Sport

Scalloper 1

After many days and many conversations with dealers from mostly the west coast I found a boat. I looked at Hewes Craft, North River and Duckworth. There is only one dealer for any of these boats here on the east coast. A dealer here in Maine just took on Duckworth boats in February. This was the first one he has sold. It has a 135 Honda and starting April 1st they come with a 6 year warrentee. I pick the boat up on Wednesday.20'6" long with a 96" beam 135 Honda and a 42 gal tank dry weight of 1,656 lb

Duckworth.JPG

Duckworth1.JPG

Duckworth3.JPG

Duckworth4.JPG

Edited by Scalloper 1
  • Like 4

Just now, hairybumcrack said:

Nice boat.  Love those style of boats.

I am very impressed with how well they are built and believe it or not this was a couple 1,000 cheaper then the other 18' boats of this style I looked at. Lifetime warrentee on the whole boat including the deck.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!- looks like an awesome boat. What is the name of the Duckworth dealer and where are they located? I have Honda's on mine as well but Yamaha's are just as nice. An Ulterra trolling motor with spot lock and cruise control for trolling make easy work for salmon in the lakes and mackerel in the ocean!

11 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

what were the selling points for you

The durability. 

As a commercial fisherman for the last 33 years I watched the Maine Marine Patrol buy several brands of boats for service in a ocean environment. One brand held up ok the other two got really beat up quick. Those may work well for most but I wanted a boat that I could fish lakes as well as the ocean for striper, haddock and a few blue fin tuna trips per year out to 20 miles or so. The west coast style boats are designed with fishing the ocean in mind. The rails are perfect for the flush mounted rod holders used for the 130 class rods used for blue fin tuna. I would not need to load the tuna I would just tow it in at 7-10 kts as we have done at times in the past. We tow them for a hour or so minimum regardless so towing them two hrs is no big deal and it would actually cool the fish much better then ice.

I use atlantic mackerel for live bait for striper and blue fin

I kept a boat in Gloucester for years. Fished cod,cusk blues whatever. We use to fish Mackerel catch the first one tie about 100 feet of line onto it and tie a balloon on the other end. Follow the balloon follow the school. What fun .sorry to change subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

The reason I mentioned mackerel is because where i fish for them near Breaking Rocks off the NH coast or the bouey between Portsmouth and Isle of Shoals everyone usually drifts and then before you know it, you have to motor back to where you started from and repeat the drift. With the Spot lock trolling motor mounted on bow, you can stay in the same spot without anchoring and no drifting saving much more fishing time. This makes chumming more effective because the mackerel stay right there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hap said:

The reason I mentioned mackerel is because where i fish for them near Breaking Rocks off the NH coast or the bouey between Portsmouth and Isle of Shoals everyone usually drifts and then before you know it, you have to motor back to where you started from and repeat the drift. With the Spot lock trolling motor mounted on bow, you can stay in the same spot without anchoring and no drifting saving much more fishing time. This makes chumming more effective because the mackerel stay right there.

I am going to have a Garmin brush less trolling motor and plan on fishing tuna using spot lock. No anchor line to mess with and could slowly move about the bank.

Sounds perfect! let me know if you ever need a deckhand-!'ve never been out tuna fishing before and that would be pretty cool!

Are used to go for a small blue fin fight like you wouldn’t believe

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, Scalloper 1 said:

After many days and many conversations with dealers from mostly the west coast I found a boat. I looked at Hewes Craft, North River and Duckworth. There is only one dealer for any of these boats here on the east coast. A dealer here in Maine just took on Duckworth boats in February. This was the first one he has sold. It has a 135 Honda and starting April 1st they come with a 6 year warrentee. I pick the boat up on Wednesday.20'6" long with a 96" beam 135 Honda and a 42 gal tank dry weight of 1,656 lb

Duckworth.JPG

Duckworth1.JPG

Duckworth3.JPG

Duckworth4.JPG

Nice boat 

Good luck with it

• 3 months later...