1 hour ago, longspurs said:

Here is lake O on a light north wind, Irondequoit bay lighthouse. I go from catching fish to a photographer .... Bridge is closing today the guys were getting ready when I left. Menu not looking good !IMG_20200401_073141.jpegIMG_20200401_073259.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guys were getting browns in the bay Saturday when I was perch fishing.  We got three browns on fatheads.  

Trolled from Payne beach to lighthouse . Light wind no waves first thing was mint, then it got breezy and waves picked up and made speed a problem. 1 for 3 just couldn't keep them pinned with the waves causing slack in my line when I reach for the rod out of the rod holder. #bayratsIMG_20200402_072828.jpegIMG_20200402_100850.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, longspurs said:

Thanks guys !! How long do these browns stay shallow before they move out?

Until late June.  When the lake upwells, they can be found like this again no matter what time of the year it is.  Last season we had four days in a row in early July where the lake upwelled.  We piss pounded the browns three days in a row in 10-20' of water just like spring.  The middle of August it happened again and we pounded them for days in 10-30'.  

• Like 1

Had plans to fish the finger lakes this morning but that fell through. So I took the kayak out to lighthouse. Had trouble finding good color and nothing in the clear water until I hit the point . That nice dirty green . Changed up to fire tiger uv and soon as I get the rod in the holder and straighten out the kayak rod fires . I land that little guy quick pic, get back to that spot for another pass. I get both rods set start my troll uv again fires and it's a good brown about 8 lbs . It goes nuts at the kayak and 1 of the hooks must have cut my line. "By UV"[emoji23]. As I'm drifting now pissed off I just lost my new lure, my other rod fires .... Here we go again at the yak crazyness is happening and snap .... #bybayrat. If I only had my net with me[emoji848]. Got 1 more little guy on orange rapala. 2 for 4 and down 2 lures for 17$ and net is still 20 miles away at buddy's house. What a fun day on the water !! IMG_20200406_071858.jpeg

• Like 3

9F6E6976-D3B6-4765-A5EC-B2E746EE1153.thumb.jpeg.5cebe32cc2535937c99cb3f9111611f7.jpeg

Forgot my net as well. Landed 1 and lost two at the boat. One got away with my hot Long A. 😡😡  All in the general vicinity of shipbuilders. Then snuck into the bay and caught enough perch for some tacos tonight. Great day to be out there 

• Like 2

Went out of Bear Creek this morning 7-10... searched in and out for any bit of colored water, very clear out there! Finally found a bit of colored water inshore, worked the area and only had one hit. Glad I was able to bring it to the net! J-9 fire tiger rapala. Nothing else on the way back in IMG_3305.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got out for a couple hours this morning , Payne beach to lighthouse. 1 for 2 . Landed a northern , lost a brown . Wind was a touch to much to get a good troll . It kept trying to spin/push me not ideal but worked , took a little bit more horsepower that's all. IMG_20200412_064441.jpegIMG_20200412_092241.jpeg

• Like 1

The Greece Ponds to Lighthouse area producers  a lot of northerns once the spawn is over.  Somedays, they inhale stickbaits and break off.  It gets a little annoying.  I had a buddy on my boat years ago and wanted to troll a $25.00 Luckycraft stick bait.  He wasn't thrilled with losing it to a northern. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am planning to take my first kayak trolling trip out on the lake soon and was hoping for some advice.  I am a very experienced saltwater angler but a newbie to trolling & jigging salmon, lake trout, brown trout and steelhead.  Any advice would be greatly accepted or if anyone is looking for someone to 

hit the water with I am game. I can pretty much get to any launch point on the south shore. 

I have a hobie, a good fishfinder and plenty of gear.

Otherwise any advice on good launch points, what to look for, lures to bring (colors, sizes, types), set ups...

I'm not asking to be spoon feed just looking for a good starting point.

Thanks in advance.

Pretty simple. 10-30 feet of water will hold fish. Stay away from gin clear water. If you fish the downwind side of any river or tributary there should be a muddy plume. Troll the edges of that plume (spelling?). Stick baits or weighted spoons back 80-100 should produce. If you’re running two rods try to have one run a third down the water column, the other two thirds down. Try to keep your speed between two and two and a half miles per hour.
Should you get a calm day you stand an excellent chance of being successful.
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So since the browns and salmon are still very slow I went out this morning in my kayak with nothing more than my camera and my mini dock demon pole. I had this simple jig with a tail on it and casting it out..The bay is glass this morning. All of a sudden I felt the line hold and this little zebco reel started screaming as if it were one of my downrigger rods. Short of it, I hooked this pike, I fought it for about 10 minutes. It did nothing but get me soaked. I forgot my rod holder so I put the rod between my legs and paddled back to the marina dragging it in like the old man and the sea lol. Luckily a fisherman cleaning his boat assisted with a net. A nice 34 inch pike.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor

We released it back in the water safe and sound. Biggest pike I ever caught in the area.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

so I went out tonight for some bay fishing. Started out casting and drifting for about a half hour with no results. So I changed a jig and started trolling and ended up with this guy. He was 21.5 and close to 7lbs on a scale...Once again my little Doc Demon pole held fine....I gotta go get another one of these poles there perfect for a kayak...Gonna try it again in the am..

014.JPG

020.JPG

• Like 2