Dipsy Line Advice

If you are not encountering water fleas braid is your best bet 10-30 lb. Any mono will have substantial stretch very little to none with braid and it has smaller diameter for less water resistance (e.g. Power Pro etc.).

Fireline has small diameter and has little to no stretch and in lighter weights doesn't get many fleas. I even switched all my diver rods over to 20lb. Fireline last year mostly because I dont like wire but I was getting less fleas on it. Fireline tests higher than the stated pound test in all the tests that I've seen.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fireline has small diameter and has little to no stretch and in lighter weights doesn't get many fleas. I even switched all my diver rods over to 20lb. Fireline last year mostly because I dont like wire but I was getting less fleas on it. Fireline tests higher than the stated pound test in all the tests that I've seen.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What style of fireline do you use there are many choices. Braid, crystal ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I love Fireline for dipsies too. I like the crystal, personally.

I have two setups with 30# crystal but those are to run regular and mag divers for kings on the big lake. For those little mini discs I would think more along 10-14# as long as there's no fleas. I use 10# for walleye and as stated above, actual breaking strength of Fireline is WAY above the rating.

I love Fireline for dipsies too. I like the crystal, personally.

I have two setups with 30# crystal but those are to run regular and mag divers for kings on the big lake. For those little mini discs I would think more along 10-14# as long as there's no fleas. I use 10# for walleye and as stated above, actual breaking strength of Fireline is WAY above the rating.
Thanks for the info guys . I only fish one lake that has fleas what works ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app