Cayuga Perch

thejigger

Fishing has been great lately. West side of the channel out in front of Canoga is where I have been catching them. Tons of boats, counted over 30 the last 2 times I fished. A lot of guys are jigging, I have been using minnows under slip bobbers. Good luck and be safe.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

hard pressed to know why anybody would post a report like that

It's call misdirection; everyone will  there tomorrow looking for the perch when in reality, they're schooled up off Gilligan's Island.  :rofl::rofl:

Fish for perch up on the st law river bays but would like to try Cayuga this year.  What I remember from posts of previous years is that some said they can be had by just cruising the shoreline with a jig/bobber.  Are you actually sight fishing for them?  Thanks.

Not sight fishing now, the water is too dirty, can't even see bottom. Same amount of boats today but the fishing was a little slower. Is it really a big secret that the perch are biting on the north end of Cayuga in the spring? On minnows?:dull: 

Edited by thejigger
  • Like 2

For the record we were coming up before I found this thread. I need to get out with my kids. Where is best place to launch if I am coming from the south East. We all need some serious stress relief. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United