***Important question for Landlocked Salmon fisherman***

Sliderbite,

They can probably make a positive ID on your fish, too.

George Ketola, Ph.D.

Research Physiologist

Tunison Laboratory of Aquatic Science (U.S.G.S.)

3075 Gracie Road

Cortland, NY 13045

Tel. 607-753-9391 ext 22

Fax 607-753-0259

[email protected]

or Region 7 DEC

Scott E. Prindle

Aquatic Biologist

Region 7 Fisheries

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

1285 Fisher Ave.

Cortland, NY 13045-1090

Phone (607)753-3095 ext 204

Fax (607)753-8532

OK,...this is going to be fun. :P

I say the upper fish is a rainbow. The tail shape, nose, body shape and anal fin is suspect and yes slider making an ID from A picture such as that one is not the best way to do it under these circumstances. Even the adipos (sp) fin seems to be shaped different.

Now don't get all crotchity on us Slider' :@ . We are just having a little fun :lol: so don't take it so seriously. Your job isn't in jeopardy on this one. :*

Stingy,

I said I wouldnt get dragged into a debate about these fish.......but thanks to you I have no choice :clap:

What do you need from me to prove that they're both salmon......what kind of proof could I provide

you....to aid you in your investigation?

I still have the subjects in question in lockup... in my freezer.......would you like me to have them transported to your precinct for profileling.... Mr. CSI? :lol: or should I address you as Inspector Clueso?

Then you can count all the rays on the fins and check their dental records

One more little piece of evidence.......there are absolutely NO spots on either of the suspects tails :P

YOUR CALL couseler :* Let me know how to procede with this case.........I'd rather this be settled out of court and not waste the

taxpayers time and money ;)

To tell you the truth.....I'm appalled at your overly opinionated accusations all based from a photo. :P

OK,...this is going to be fun. :P

I say the upper fish is a rainbow. The tail shape, nose, body shape and anal fin is suspect and yes slider making an ID from A picture such as that one is not the best way to do it under these circumstances. Even the adipos (sp) fin seems to be shaped different.

Now don't get all crotchity on us Slider' :@ .[] We are just having a little fun :lol: so don't take it so seriously. Your job isn't in jeopardy on this one. :*

PS: I forgot to mention the dorsal fin also, but then it looks like it might of had a little clip or it's squished from being in the cooler.

Don't take it so hard. We all make mistakes from time to time :$ . You'll get over it. :P

OK you guys. You think your the worlds authority on everything to do with fishing.

Well me & `frisco got into it over the ID of this fish.

I say it's a walleyed bass & he says it's a hybrid bass/perch.

aV253Ehi.jpg

I think I'm right. Note the extra large Adipose fin. That's always a giveaway. :*

99% of the LL in cayuga are stocked. I've caught them with forked tails and square tails. If anything the top fish might have been a brown, but def not a bow. But browns have sopts on the top of their tails all the way to the end. I blew up the tails and found no spotting. Also the adipose fin on a brown is very close to the tail. Well on the pics i have to compare it to anyway. Can't go by the heads as some get a bit disfigured at the hatchery. Same with fins.

RR

As a licensed dentist, I will volunteer to put this debate to rest using Longline's dental identification test. Send me the fish in question. To make sure the fish is in prime shape for the "examination", please make sure the fish is in a vacum sealed bag and shipped frozen (at your expense). I will make my determination and send you the bones back to make sure you know I received the package. I will let you know what the fish tastes....I mean....species is. I will wait by my mailbox until it comes.