Wright's Landing closed till 7/13

Yeah but the article on Syracuse.com clearly states, the boat launch can still be used at Wrights

The city of Oswego has issued a travel ban inside the city limits that would put the launch at Wrights out if business till the travel ban is lifted

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

2 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

The city of Oswego has issued a travel ban inside the city limits that would put the launch at Wrights out if business till the travel ban is lifted

When ppl don't listen to sound advice and continue to act like everything is still the same. Sometimes you need to resort to drastic measures to show ppl things are serious. Local to me they were forced to chain street signs ontop of all the basketball hoops to keep people from playing. Did you see the pics of NYC when the hospital ship arrived? 100s of ppl showed up to watch it. People still aren't taking this seriously.

• Like 1

Yes Oswego is on lockdown basically. Wrights is closed until July 13. The Mayor just put a serious Stay at home no travel ban in the city only. The police will be enforcing this. One might find in the very near future police sitting at the side dock at wrights. They really dont want anyone to use it right now. Keep in mind with this executive order issued by the mayor the police can and will ask you to move on. My suggestion. Fish somewhere else if you must but you wont get away with it very long in the city of Oswego......Consider this folks.....If the local residence of Oswego and this whole area for that matter have to stay at home........Anyone from outside the region should stay out.....Its best for everyone

• Like 1

It makes no since. Seems like people could keep their distance while coming and going from a boat launch. A perfect example of government over reach. The fact is you have a 1/1,000 chance in getting this flu if you led a normal life.

• Like 1

thats the problem in my mind and why the US has not been able to effectively slow the curve. there needs to be a higher level government order that covers at least the entire state i.e governor. too many questions and not a uniform order. we are getting the same thing here, f

people who own summer homes that live for the majority of the year in or around NYC area are here now.

1 hour ago, rusty1034 said:

talk about catch 22  The mayor says the launch is open , but you can't drive to it . No unnecessary travel   go figure  guess if you want to fish bad enough you'll take the chance on a ticket or driving back home 

Actually in Onondaga County which neighbors Oswego and Cayuga counties, they closed all public and private golf courses because too many people were going over the past two weeks, they didnt keep social distancing and Sunday they had 7 cases directly related to the golf courses.....So....No more golfing in Onondaga County. This stuff spreads like wildfire.....

They finally did. They closed green lakes this afternoon. It makes sense that Onondaga County has the most cases in the area. Syracuse is the biggest city in Central New York. Cayuga county only had 4 cases for the longest time and now cases have more than doubled in that county simply because people are starting to come back into the area...Plus they have done minimal testing in this county however 4% which is a lot for the size of the testing have been confirmed positive.

Oswego county is getting worse and was graded a D- in social distancing by a local survey based on cell phone use. Thats why the mayor has in effect shut down the city of Oswego. They know cases will spike if they didnt take this action. Going back to the basics of this thread one can see why people should stay away from the side ramp at Wrights landing.....your not helping the situation basically.

I think that if everyone tries a little harder for the next two weeks practicing social distancing and actually staying at home we will really flatten the curve which we need to do.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:02 AM, mrclean said:

Yes Oswego is on lockdown basically. Wrights is closed until July 13. The Mayor just put a serious Stay at home no travel ban in the city only. The police will be enforcing this. One might find in the very near future police sitting at the side dock at wrights. They really dont want anyone to use it right now. Keep in mind with this executive order issued by the mayor the police can and will ask you to move on. My suggestion. Fish somewhere else if you must but you wont get away with it very long in the city of Oswego......Consider this folks.....If the local residence of Oswego and this whole area for that matter have to stay at home........Anyone from outside the region should stay out.....Its best for everyone

So is Bayside closing? Haven't heard much from that neck of the woods?