Here we go!!!

If basic strips you of self-identify your mentally weak.  I am ex Navy.
Just posting the facts!  Not suggesting anyone travel anywhere but every thread with someone on a soapbox is getting old. 

I am going to check out the classifieds

Basic , I’m an ex US Army drill sgt , is designed to make you stop thinking of yourself and start thinking of others , your squad , platoon , company etc. it does strip you of your me identity

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

7 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

Basic , I’m an ex US Army drill sgt , is designed to make you stop thinking of yourself and start thinking of others , your squad , platoon , company etc. it does strip you of your me identity

I am aware of what it is designed to do. You can think of others and get a sense of teamwork without getting stripped of your identity. 

It is designed to remove your civilian identity (self-centerdness) and replace it with a team identity for the duration of your enlistment, but the sense of belonging and concern for society (i.e. the group) should remain. That is probably what I should have said initially. It has nothing to do with being weak or weak minded.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

I have friends in family in PA.  Doesn't mean he's running a charter, but understand your suspicion.  

And that’s where they should be. In PA The authorities should be notified about the PA plates and investigate

So I can't go to my cabin in the middle of the woods cuz my plates are from a different state?

What part of shelter in place don’t you understand. Go to your cabin in the woods and bring Covid with you ? Follow the guidelines and get this mess behind us

I agree with u guys. I’m from PA and itchin to get up to my place in pulaski and get the boat out but I’m staying home. 
Unfortunately this is happening in every state and why the virus is spreading like it is. I live in a very rural ,Isolated area in NEPA. My neighbors down the rd live in Jersey and are traveling back and forth every couple days. Really pisses me off ,My wife and I are doin are part but others dont care and gonna make this thing drag out for months.

• Like 2

Lol I bet the browns are sitting in 6 fow laughing sayin "We got this boys, they fightin themseles up  there" lol SWIM ON LOL....   

Look this is a tough time for everyone. I just canceled my trip to my sons in NC. I am missing the birth of my first grandchild which is apparently this coming Thursday they say...There is no travel restrictions for me to go there. Im out of work so I have the time. This old hippy could make it ten hours in my vw bus and piss in my porta potty.  And eat my own food along the way. I can justify it all...But as someone famous said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". I dont even have a smartphone for a video skype thing...Maybe I will see my granddaughter in July.... But I am comfortable with my decision. I guess everyone has to ask themselves what is right and what is wrong.....

• Like 2

Lol I bet the browns are sitting in 6 fow laughing sayin "We got this boys, they fightin themseles up  there" lol SWIM ON LOL....   

Look this is a tough time for everyone. I just canceled my trip to my sons in NC. I am missing the birth of my first grandchild which is apparently this coming Thursday they say...There is no travel restrictions for me to go there. Im out of work so I have the time. This old hippy could make it ten hours in my vw bus and piss in my porta potty.  And eat my own food along the way. I can justify it all...But as someone famous said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". I dont even have a smartphone for a video skype thing...Maybe I will see my granddaughter in July.... But I am comfortable with my decision. I guess everyone has to ask themselves what is right and what is wrong.....

I wish everyone had your common sense. My son lives in Raleigh and is getting married in August. I have plane and hotel reservations I can only hope this thing is over or at least under control by then. I guess we have to keep on keepin on

What part of shelter in place don’t you understand. Go to your cabin in the woods and bring Covid with you ? Follow the guidelines and get this mess behind us

Im not trying to argue....but this is the kind of thing that complicates the discussion. 

From Cuomo last Saturday... threatening to sue Rhode Island for trying to restrict NY'ers from traveling to other states

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/28/cuomo-rips-possible-ban-new-yorkers-travel-vowing-sue-rhode-island/2934301001/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cuomo sure is getting a lot of free TV time running for President. 

Joe Biden is beginning to sweat with 15 states delaying the primaries and the possibility of a push for Cuomo.

Sorry to go off topic.

1 hour ago, mrclean said:

If you have internet and a pc you can skype, you dont have to miss anything!

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/download-skype-for-desktop/

Cuomo sure is getting a lot of free TV time running for President. 

Joe Biden is beginning to sweat with 15 states delaying the primaries and the possibility of a push for Cuomo.

Sorry to go off topic.

Cuomo can’t run this year unless the dems change the rules....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Haha 1