Here we go!!!

So as I expected I hear there are plenty of people running trips on the East End be at the river Mexico, Oswego wherever. Seriously??? You guys are bringing the virus to us and doing the wrong thing besides being against the law. Hopefully something happens soon to stop this nonsense. Do I want to fish and make an income absolutely. You guys are wrong and you know who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The question now is......... Will the DEC enforce it ?  

I am not running any charters till told publicly/legally that I can.  BUT I do not make a living with my seasonal charter business. And ABOVE ALL it makes moral sense not to for now.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

The question now is......... Will the DEC enforce it ?   I am not running any charters till told publicly/legally that I can.  BUT I do not make a living with my seasonal charter business. And ABOVE ALL it makes moral sense not to for now.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Absolutely whether full business or not. Somebody has to enforce this BS. We will be there doing our job soon enough. Be smart and safe.

14 hours ago, rolmops said:
I would love to know who those captains are,so I know whom to stay away from.Maybe, one is from from  

Take a ride up to East and let me know because I already know who some are. Fishing with their friends,,,, right.!

Edited by brucehookedup

9 minutes ago, brucehookedup said:

Take a ride up to East and let me know because I already know who some are. Fishing with their friends,,,, right.!

Whether they fish with their friends or their clients, they disregard social distancing and/or non essential business closing orders.

If they are from Wrights landing, they are shut down as Wrights Landing is closed until July 13. I think these anal cavity people are from the Little Salmon.

Edited by rolmops

Just heard the President say that loans/ grant will be eligible for small business . 

So I would think charters would be covered under that . 

It is my understanding that essential businesses were spelled out pretty clearly. 

And 10k fines for those not in compliance . 

4 minutes ago, spoonfed-1 said:

News to me. I fish out of Mexico and no trips that I'm aware of.

I WILL BE FISHING FOR RECREATION SO DON'T GET MY NAME INVOLVED IN THESE RUMORS.

Thanks

Glen (Reel Adventure Charters)

You must currently be  staying up here as it is my understanding  there is a travel ban for all non essential travel in New York state .  

2 minutes ago, HB2 said:

You must currently be  staying up here as it is my understanding  there is a travel ban for all non essential travel in New York state .  

You got it. And my boat has the business name on the sides and I will fish as long as it's legal to.

Edited by spoonfed-1
  • Like 1

You are reading it wrong....call the state police and every county and they will all say there is no travel ban!  There are are rules associated and I'm not traveling myself, but you can.  As far as if it's family I'm not indicting anyone from my easy chair.  That being said if I knew for certain.....

I'm going to start out by saying Im not full time running charters and I am still working my land gig. So at this point in my life, running trips is not 100% of my livelihood..... But everyone's opinion matters on this subject
In regards to the no charter fishing "Ban" handed down by the State... I don't think any citation would hold up in court, however there is a social responsibility we have to our families, neighbors , and communities to do what we can to end this A.S.A.P.
I love fishing as much as everyone on this board. But I have chosen to follow my internal ethics and cease taking customers out until given the green light. I'm no big fan of the State Government , but it boils down to the safety of the community.
One good thing is school is not in session, so I can get my daughter out on the rig a few more times before the "working season" takes off.
Be safe and healthy folks....

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5

You are reading it wrong....call the state police and every county and they will all say there is no travel ban!  There are are rules associated and I'm not traveling myself, but you can.  As far as if it's family I'm not indicting anyone from my easy chair.  That being said if I knew for certain.....

Correct. It’s a 14 day domestic travel advisory for all Non Essential travel. Provided by the CDC.

Google N.Y. travel ban and see the reporting . But I recall seeing Cuomo say there is a travel ban . 

Maybe it just a strong suggestion and scare tactic . 

But I suppose it's up to the individual how they want to handle it . I go fishing locally where I want  . But a buddy wanted me to come down trout fishing and thought I probably should not travel that far. 

I also think that some of this is overblown , but I don't want to be the one to be wrong and spread this  . I wanted to go to the Salmon river for drop backs,but won't for that reason . 

It's kind of a question of character . 

Let’s come back to this topic in a couple of weeks to see if this is being overblown.

As far as reporting of the travel ban, I don’t want to mislead anyone so I won’t. From a mandate standpoint or executive order there is no travel ban. CDC placed the travel advisory and left it to the state’s to determine from that if they want to enter into a ban. There have been some local counties who have placed a “no non residents” are welcomed but not sure what statute was made for it.

There is no travel ban, as of the 25th.

"New York State Police say that while there are currently no driving restrictions on state roadways, people are encouraged to travel only when necessary.

Amid the varied concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic, state police said they continue to receive inquiries from the public regarding possible travel restrictions.

Troopers posted a message on Facebook Monday informing the public that at this time there are no travel restrictions or travel bans on state roadways."

There is no travel ban, as of the 25th.

"New York State Police say that while there are currently no driving restrictions on state roadways, people are encouraged to travel only when necessary.

Amid the varied concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic, state police said they continue to receive inquiries from the public regarding possible travel restrictions.

Troopers posted a message on Facebook Monday informing the public that at this time there are no travel restrictions or travel bans on state roadways."

The city of Oswego has issued a travel ban inside the city limits , which puts Wrights landing off limits till the ban is lifted

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We run a charter buisness out of the little salmon both our boats are in the water but have cancelled all our trips in April part way through May. Don’t get us involved with this crap. We will be fishing recreationally that is it, thanks. Adam & Mike - Northeastern Sportfishing Charters

• Like 1

If basic strips you of self-identify your mentally weak.  I am ex Navy.

Just posting the facts!  Not suggesting anyone travel anywhere but every thread with someone on a soapbox is getting old. 

I am going to check out the classifieds

• Like 1