Which Sonar Unit for my Auto Pilot?

Hillside

I purchased a Lowrance Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Pack hoping it would work with my current Lowrance unit...it does NOT.  I am not too concerned since I was thinking of doing an upgrade anyway.  The question I have is, what should I upgrade to?  I was considering the Lowrance HDS-9 LIVE with Transducer but I am not sold on its performance reviews.  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have only played with live units on display but I own 2 of the ti2`s and I love them. The new active imaging transducer is really nice and is light years ahead of the total scan ducer it replaced

Edited by shawn393

1 hour ago, Hillside said:

I purchased a Lowrance Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Pack hoping it would work with my current Lowrance unit...it does NOT.  I am not too concerned since I was thinking of doing an upgrade anyway.  The question I have is, what should I upgrade to?  I was considering the Lowrance HDS-9 LIVE with Transducer but I am not sold on its performance reviews.  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You can use aHDS Gen2 and up. Another very interesting option is to use a Simrad Go that is the Lowrance Ti brother. The Ti can’t run the Nac1 bjr the Simrad Go can run a Nac1 and the MotorGuide Xi5. The Go series like the Ti are a lot cheaper then a HDS

Sorry yes he is correct. The ti can't run the autopilot.  I have a simrad go unit also and I like that one too. The only thing I don't like about them is you can't link 2 units together to share sonar

Thanks for the replies (I value and appreciate the input).

I just don't know which HDS gen3 and up models are worth looking into other than the HDS Live 9 that would work.  

Yes, the controlking for the kicker is going on. 

Oh well, I'll throw this out there anyway. I've had numerous HDS units and really like them. My present setup is 12"  HDS linked to a high end high watt transom mount transducer, with thru hull like performance. The 12" HDS is also linked to the Lowrance autopilot. A 2nd 9' HDS unit is linked to the Lowrance Broadband Radar. Pretty happy with the whole system and I would argue that you do want to think about where you want to end up when you get the first building blocks instead of reinventing the wheel a couple of times on your way