Calm foggy morning out of the oak! Went 12-12 on browns with 2 10+ pounders. All west between the mouth and lakeside state park. Water is 45° and we fished 8-13 fow. Best lite today was blue/silver 4” rapala. Also stinger scorpion spoons killed again! (One of the Big boys was on one.

Question 1. I only had red hooks to replace the bent and broken ones. Is there a pro or con to them? Hasn’t seemed to effect the bite.

Question 2. I have almost a 1mph speed difference between my fish hawk and my gps speed. Is this common

IMG_7058.JPGIMG_7049.JPGIMG_7054.JPGIMG_7056.JPGIMG_7057.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Fishhawk is waterwheel (theoretically more accurate), fishfinder is usually gps unless you actually have a waterwheel for that too. Most important thing is relative consistency, you would be fine with either one as long as you monitor and troll at the speed the fish like.

I have experienced speed differences as hi as 1.5. I have calibrated my water speed device. If you have not calibrated, check your providers manual for there recommended procedure. Great looking fish and thank you for sharing. 

Fishhawk give you water speed takes into context any current.  GPS gives you speed over bottom. You would be best to use Fishhawk speed as that would be what your lures are reacting to

I have noticed the same difference and stick with the fishhawk speed. Just came back from the Oak myself. Early bite for me was mostly Black/Silver Rapala, then switched more to brighter colors. Was a little surprised today only got one on Gobbie Bay Rat it has been hot. Bite changed late morning with several short hits and we lost 3 in a row. Finished up 10/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I plan to head out this afternoon, you guys think it will stay calm all day? 6 mph N wind?
I have a smaller 16’ boat

It’s calm can see from my deck