My boys and I were skunked today.  We launched from the mostly empty boat ramp by the Pelican's Nest... and were in the water by 6:30am.  Wind was from the N as about 5mph.  Overcast morning.  River water temp was 47.3 degrees.  We came out of the river and headed east following the color line in 35' of water about 43 - 44 degrees.  We were pulling Cleo Red/Gold, Rapala jdhd-12 in Crawdad & Rapala hj-08 in blue/silver... about 75' - 100' directly behind the boat.  About 8:30 am we turned around and headed back west and came into about 15'-19' of water down past the Genesee outlet and ran for about another 2 miles.  Not a thing...  not even a bump.  Running speed was between 2 and 3 mph.  Would like to try it again but Ontario consistantly gives me nothing.

What did we do wrong?

Planer boards would help get your lures in shallow while keeping the boat out a bit. Also maybe a little slower, 2.2 - 2.5. Sometimes they are in shallow, sometimes 12-18 ft. And sometimes we get skunked :) Keep trying, one of these times your pole will double over and you'll fight a 12 lb brown till your arms are tired

7 hours ago, Jeremy Goodison said:

I was out 3pm . I took the boat out for quick run to make sure everything was ok. I shot down near braddocks and stayed in the stained water. I keep the boat 1.8mph + this time of yr

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

^^^ Yup 1.8-2.0 seems to be the speed right now.  I knew we were going too slow the first time we made a turn and the outside planer board line immediately got a hit...