Covid, the lighter side:

I'm sure we all are concerned, nervous, tense on many fronts because of this virus, There are many repercussions effecting our daily lives, I wonder how many  babies will be named Coved 9 months from now and how many divorce lawyers will be overwhelmed.

Lets add some of the more humorous light hearted expierences we've had to go through.

For me I just had my wife cut my hair for the first time ever and she took pictures of the pile of trimmings and sent it to the family along with a pile of clippings from one of our Shih tzu's asking whos was whos (both piles where very gray). Her constantly saying oh, sorry, that doesn't look the same as the other side and I'll need to fix that was very reassuring. Looks much better than I was expecting after all her comments.

I just went through my closet sorting out shirts I no longer wear, damn I'm old & fat, gonna be some room on that bar now.

I'll add more as I think of them, what's your life like?

• Like 3

I like this topic. The times are what ur gonna make of them. Last night my wife and I lit a fire next to my pond behind the house. Classic rock on the radio and a case of beer in the cooler. We sat out there till 1am and ran out of beer. We don’t normally see past 9-10pm but with no work to go to why not. With husbands and wives spending so much time together think 1 of 2 things are gonna happen. Either another round of baby boomers or divorce lawyers r gonna see a boom in business  lol

• Like 1

On another note this epidemic has given me ample time to work on my new garage. I started it in January but in between work things were goin slow. Then march hit and things started takin shape. 

6C3BD633-0F3C-4382-A7E1-2A9E41B4250F.jpeg

DC87BB8B-D26E-43FC-90AF-A30FB517A36A.jpeg

6E1D9526-471E-4AE1-A5D6-E7A7EB6FA863.jpeg

I have tied new leaders on several dozen set-ups, put new line of all my perch rods, possibly wore off some of the finish by polishing up spoons too much, and I still am leaving my boat in storage as I am saving that for the last thing so that I can put all my stuff back in and leave rubber in the driveway when I take off for the lake:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Dr,Abraham Low wrote a great book Peace over Power In the Family

Domestic peace boils down to this.

If it weren't for the issues of right or wrong domestic life would be serene and peaceful.

Another great book of his Wisdom of Dr.Low,a $20  source

But not to say I've perfected his teachings

always the apprentice never the master

Humor your best friend temper our worst enemy

Sk8man ur not alone. Yesterday i spent 4 hrs setting up my 6 and 8 rod spreads. Adjusted all my rod holders. Even Put my masts up. I was almost temped to have the wife drive the truck to gimme the real effect of trollin:cry:  pulled out all my favorite spoons and stickbaits and put them in there holders so there on hand ready to go when this virus is controlled. 

4C9F77B2-2C6B-4AD7-956F-8720550B1A76.jpeg

DEA4389C-960F-426A-BB72-A29A13807D46.jpeg

Sk8man ur not alone. Yesterday i spent 4 hrs setting up my 6 and 8 rod spreads. Adjusted all my rod holders. Even Put my masts up. I was almost temped to have the wife drive the truck to gimme the real effect of trollin:cry:  pulled out all my favorite spoons and stickbaits and put them in there holders so there on hand ready to go when this virus is controlled. 
4C9F77B2-2C6B-4AD7-956F-8720550B1A76.thumb.jpeg.69efe027ccbc8e00d1150495d8c044f9.jpeg
DEA4389C-960F-426A-BB72-A29A13807D46.thumb.jpeg.9d2d7dbbf7b45f4cf697955a4f3a7eaa.jpeg

I just laughed in front of everyone as I read this, I could picture looking out the window and seeing a guy in his boat watching his rods with his wife driving the truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For me, the time with the family, no 60 hours of work a week, enjoying the company of my dogs, has all been pretty awesome. Not downplaying the situation at all however some of the things that come with it have been pretty cool. IMG_0484.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Thanks Whaler that's more of what we all need to hear. Nice looking garage / barn / shop Hachimo. Les you are going to vex yourself as you usually have 6 days of strategies and equipment ready for memorial day weekend and now your still polishing your knobs, oh wait, I mean equipment, agh shyt, I mean lures.I just spent afternoon cleaning inside of my boat as the mice got into it - mouse pee smell in cabin, my body is going to remind me in the morning of all the contortions I put it into cleaning the cabin. No signs of any serious damage thankfully. Anybody got life jackets to sell?

Adm.B, unwrapped the fishmaster last week to find every nook and cranny stuffed with acorns. Suppose I should expect that living in a forest. And the wife won't let me thin out the chippies and squirrels.   Thankfully got it scrubbed down and in the hoist. Got it wet yesterday, water temp 43 to 46. Spotted a dead ll or rainbow on bottom in 20feet.   I could use a couple new life vests too!😆

• Like 1

Organized the shed,(found tools i needed) cleaned the garage, waxed my riggers, went through my meat heads, next are the hundreds of flies. Spoons were done for the earlier flea market. Put the boat in to check out the new tranny's that we did over the winter. They ran mint, had one stuffing box overheat,no biggie just loosened it up. I guess i will now scrub the boat in places that hadn't seen sun. Then wait for the green light,,,,,,,,,,,

On 4/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, whaler1 said:

For me, the time with the family, no 60 hours of work a week, enjoying the company of my dogs, has all been pretty awesome. Not downplaying the situation at all however some of the things that come with it have been pretty cool. IMG_0484.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

They look like they love having their papa home with them. Happy canines!

• Like 1