Any tips to make Amish boards run better?

I’m currently pulling a set of Amish outfitter boards off of traxstech reels mounted on the front poles of my t-top. I’m running into the issue of the boards wanting to lag behind and back. They’re still fishable but won’t go as wide as I’d like. Any tips to make them run better and not want to fall back so much?

Is your tow line hitting the water at your maximum width?   How wide you can run is usually limited by towline angle and mast/reel height.  Once tow line hits water that is it unless height is increased.  You might tweak your board performance slightly by switching towline from stock Traxstech vinyl line to the no stretch spectra from Amish Outfitters. Moving tow point so boards bite harder might take some drop back out.  My experience has been that towline height has been the limiting factor on width regardless of board type or manufacturer.  

I run the spectra line the Amish boards came with, the line dosnt hit the water where they’re mounted currently. I’ve thought about adding a mast to the front of the boat to move it forward about 6’ and up in height about 3’. I might try moving the eye bolts on the board back first though before spending more money on a mast.

That's not typical with amish boards...

I run them anywhere from 50-100' out from the boat

off of the hardtop and they pull like a mule, they almost run to

tight where there is not much of an angle to the tow line and 

lighter lures take a long time to slide down into position..

The boards still pull like a mule, I’ve drilled a few new holes to try just haven’t had a chance to get back out on the water on a calm day to see if it’s going to make a difference. I’ve also heard of adding some weight to the back edge to make them run a little truer. Might try that if the new holes don’t work.