Rigger ball snubbers&Blacks releases ?

I’ve got Scotty 2116 high speed riggers. I’ll be using Amish outfitter rigger snubbers this year. Where should the blacks release be? Between snubber end and ball? Or between cable end and top of snubber?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I agree with Force of One.

Against the majority, I don’t like those Blacks releases because of the “crimping” of the brass tube around the cable loop that secures the terminal end. I don’t have any confidence in my crimps.

I do like the Klincher or Big Jon terminal ends (identical). So, I go from my terminal end, to my Fishhawk probe, to a snubber, to my 15lb Shark.

Additionally, and most hated by the Shark crowd, I drilled a hole in the rear shark fin to clip my Scotty release to. I know, sacrilege.

It didn’t affect blow back and I like my clip on the weight. I also didn’t like the Scotty clip on the cable. I was finding cable kinks using those cable clipped Scotty releases. My fault, because I didn’t shut the downrigger off in time, but that will happen a lot with me.

Wow, little off topic, but slightly related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, ThreeDogsDown said:

I agree with Force of One.

Against the majority, I don’t like those Blacks releases because of the “crimping” of the brass tube around the cable loop that secures the terminal end. I don’t have any confidence in my crimps.

I do like the Klincher or Big Jon terminal ends (identical). So, I go from my terminal end, to my Fishhawk probe, to a snubber, to my 15lb Shark.

Additionally, and most hated by the Shark crowd, I drilled a hole in the rear shark fin to clip my Scotty release to. I know, sacrilege.

It didn’t affect blow back and I like my clip on the weight. I also didn’t like the Scotty clip on the cable. I was finding cable kinks using those cable clipped Scotty releases. My fault, because I didn’t shut the downrigger off in time, but that will happen a lot with me.

Wow, little off topic, but slightly related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to crimp anything to use a Blacks release, as long as you buy the right model... You must have the inline model, get the one with the loop and snap and clip it on.

I go terminal end to blacks release, to fishawk probe to the weight, no snubber.

blacks-downrigger-release-clip1_480x.png

• Like 2