Stern drive - I/O boat owners might need to rewinterize

Looking ahead to future weather, it looks like the possibility exists that sub freezing temps may extend long enough that rewinterizing your I/O may need to be considered based on where you live.  Weather.com hourly forecast is helpful but can change daily. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Looking ahead to Thursday night, it looks like it’s time to drain those blocks if you have trolled this year. Extended hours into the 20’s. 

I guess it depends on where you live, calling for 33 on Thursday night here in Rome... Sat night actually looks worse with a low of 29.

Looking ahead to future weather, it looks like the possibility exists that sub freezing temps may extend long enough that rewinterizing your I/O may need to be considered based on where you live.  Weather.com hourly forecast is helpful but can change daily. 

It would have to get onto the teens before I would worry. The engine is covered by the doghouse and it would take a while to freeze

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

4 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

It would have to get onto the teens before I would worry. The engine is covered by the doghouse and it would take a while to freeze

Way off topic! but. Can you trim your kicker all the way up without having to remove your ez steer?

Way off topic! but. Can you trim your kicker all the way up without having to remove your ez steer?

Yes. It’s trimmed all the way up now with kicker in trailer position IMG_1088.JPG

I mean with the kicker trimmed up?

No issues. The only time they would be trimmed up together would be in shallow water , like anchored off the beach for a swim