Finally got my gf out. Started at 2, came back in at 7. Bright sunshine until 3:30, crystal clear water everywhere we went so I didn’t expect much. Went 2/3, both around 18”. We would have been better off fishing between the launch and catfish creek, which I call no mans land. Much more marks there. 25’, one on a rigger, other two on boards. Took this interesting pic. Anyone else ever have this happen? The darn thing tried latching onto my caddyshack lol I have a good video of it but I can’t upload it here. That’s a lamprey eel, he hooked himself haha 

278F1AD6-72FD-43E2-86B5-130679840C0B.jpeg

81E082ED-2AA7-467E-9987-22C4A6206B7D.jpeg

5C00DE38-26D0-4F6E-9733-B74E0548619E.jpeg

• Like 1

I haven't done that, but trolling the same water last Sunday I cleared a board rod to find a 7" goby that had eaten a Michigan Stinger I had been dragging around for who knows how long... that was a first for me.

13 minutes ago, Big Spoon said:

I haven't done that, but trolling the same water last Sunday I cleared a board rod to find a 7" goby that had eaten a Michigan Stinger I had been dragging around for who knows how long... that was a first for me.

I didn’t know gobys got that big, I thought they were like a 5” max type of fish

5 minutes ago, Big Spoon said:

Same... I shoulda filleted the bastard.

Is there any law regarding gobys and if you can keep them? What about the eel? Not that I’d want to keep it but I’m not aware of a law that says I gotta put it back. For possible legal purposes, I actually did put him back. Just not exactly how I found him haha