Cayuga South end of Cayuga 4-7-20

Launched  out of Treman around noon. No problem with shallow water. 12 trailers in parking lot.

Most of the boats we running along the east side. Only put one short board out to avoid interfering with other boats.

Most of the boats were off the lake by 3:00. I should have paid attention lol.

Fished til 7:00.

Bumped speed up to 2.5 mph per recommendations from my last LOU post.

Stickbaits. 

Ran up the east side around 2 miles. Back down.

Ran west. 1 laker on deep blue/silver stickbait.

Ran east. 1 northern.

Ran up west  side 3 miles. Notta.

Cut back across lake and came back down east side. 1 twenty inch landlock on a perch stickbait.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cletus
Misspelled title
  • Like 1

Fished that area last sunday, only one laker. Fished around myers then north Monday, only one laker. The last laker hit at 2.6 mph according to gps down 20 over 40. Going to try again sometime next week. Itll pick up shortly here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suttontroller94 said:

Fished south end Saturday went 14 for 17. 10lakers 4 salmon one salmon was 6lbs. Biggest Laker probably 8.5lbs. we opted to ditch the flatlines and run more cores and a short copper out a touch deeper and did better. (We pulled flatlines til 9 before switching over)

And that was probably where I messed up. Should have ditched the surface rigs 

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

And that was probably where I messed up. Should have ditched the surface rigs 

I feel ya. I was hoping for a good surface bite too but I fished flatlines April 1st and March 26th with only 4 fish each day then a half a day Saturday that was looking like similar results. Knew it was time for a change. Water temp needs to come up a hair yet then it'll be game on.

8 hours ago, suttontroller94 said:

I feel ya. I was hoping for a good surface bite too but I fished flatlines April 1st and March 26th with only 4 fish each day then a half a day Saturday that was looking like similar results. Knew it was time for a change. Water temp needs to come up a hair yet then it'll be game on.

What have the water temps been recently?  Hoping to get a trip in after the winds die down in a couple days.