Braddocks 8/8 I hate lakers

Wasn’t going to fish today but around 130 I got the itch. Plan was two off one board and one on the rigger.

As soon as I cleared the mouth I sent the board out, ran a chartreuse J9 out 120 and was in the process of running it down to the board when it took a hard hit. I could tell the fish had some weight and figured it for a good brown. When I got it to the boat I saw it was a low teens laker. I grabbed the smaller net, reefed up on the 9ft light action ugly stick to get it the last foot or so to get the net under it and broke the rod. WTF my bad. Managed to get him in the boat, unhooked, and back in the water.

Had great temp, 46-48 and good color.

In an hour and a half went five for six including pulling the hook on a screamer that ran 300 feet of line that hit a warrior frog down 3 back 100.

Wish conditions weren’t going to get blown up the next few days, it’s been setting up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 5

Sitting in a groundblind now, hoping to watch turkeys. Just ordered two new rods online lol. Pretty sure when I send the broken one back they will replace it as well.

Sitting in a groundblind now, hoping to watch turkeys. Just ordered two new rods online lol. Pretty sure when I send the broken one back they will replace it as well.

Was that an old school ugly stick or one of the newer ones they came out with a couple years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

good to see ya get out, and find a decent bite unfortunately at a cost of a rod. Saturday morning I heard a gobbler behind the house, so i took the wife and my slate call so she can experience a turkey hunt. She shot a bear and a few buck but never turkey hunted. Every yelp I made he responded and pulled that bird probly 400-500 yrds right into our laps. Unfortunately not in season yet so she just got a crash course in callin them in.