Genesse Pen Kings are in

Feeders Absolutley do work, however if we feed by hand, we can direct the food broadcasting to all parts of the pen. If there are smaller fish pushed off to one side of the pen, we can make sure they get the same amount of feed. . We have hand fed since the program started with minimal dead loss...so we have to be doing somthing right

Autofeeders work great!!!

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Thanks H.D. we are very fortunate to have a great bunch of guys who work their tails off to get the Pens in and the crew of guys who come and feed them. Without those guys, the Genny Pen Project would not happen.

I can't thank Skip Shumway enough for all he has done for our program..

On a different note, I received word that all volunteers at all Pen sites have the full backing of the DEC. Pen projects are a state program and are deemed essential so they will continue even though some marinas may be closed. I was told to remind all volunteers the 6ft social distancing when at pens for feedings or work parties.

Matt and others keep up the great work.I grew up and reside next to the Genesee,the down side is it's 2 hours north or Rochester.Wish I lived closer,would like to help.Stay safe and healthy hope to see you at the classic!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been rolling down to check on the youngsters just about every day. Fed them at 4pm yesterday and they are starting to boil up after the feed. We are tracking the feed schedule and the volunteers are doing an excellent job.

With last week's cold weather and the cold evenings coming, the river temperature will not be an issue.

I want to thank all the volunteers who broke their rear ends to get the Pens ready and the guys and gals who interrupted their lives to keep this program going while we are in the middle of this virus debacle.

Thank you to the DEC fisheries for continuing this important program on the south shore. They could have caved and cancelled the program, however they stayed the course and allowed us to do what we do...

Be well.... The ramps and Marinas are open.... Go stretch some monofilament!

• Like 3

Matt. Glad to hear the little guys got the feed bag on near the surface. The first 6-7 days after they arrived I fed them and I never saw a fish. Beginning to think they all escaped or worse. :sweating:  Got the 4PM this week. 

• Like 1

Right on Kevin... Appreciate all the help you have been... Just goes to show what can be accomplished when like minded folks get together...

Matt. Glad to hear the little guys got the feed bag on near the surface. The first 6-7 days after they arrived I fed them and I never saw a fish. Beginning to think they all escaped or worse. :sweating:  Got the 4PM this week. 

• Like 1