Golf courses and boat launches

So I guess instead of using the boat at a launch on Canandaigua this weekend with the family, we will fish the Canandaigua city pier where anyone and everyone will be strolling by. Theres no way this can even be enforced alot of places in our state.  What If I had a boat docked on personal property? I wouldnt need a boat launch in that situation. Can I still use it? 

Edited by troutman10

18 minutes ago, thork9 said:

I lost my job, I need fishing to eat, that’s essential, I fish walleye, perch, bull heads, trout!!

Walleye is closed bud and this executive order goes till April 29th....use the gas money to buy pasta...let's not make this something it isn't...

• Like 1

Very confusing....My boat is currently at a marina already in my slip.  I would like to know whether I can take the boat out to Lake O.  Who would have jurisdiction and police my use, the Coast Guard, the sheriff's or the State  Police ??

Taughannock Falls State Park just posted this on their Facebook page:

Here is the latest update on what is going on at the park:
The playground is CLOSED 
The boat launch is open,HOWEVER the date for putting your boat in the seasonal slip has been pushed back to May 7th and NOT April 15th as previously stated.
Camping is closed until further notice 
The trails are open at this time. It is very important to continue "social distancing" by keeping at least 6 feet from other hikers! It is strongly recommended that you wear a protective covering over your face as well. PLEASE limit your group to only those that live in the same household. We want nothing more, than to be able to be fully operational, but a lot of it depends you and your willingness to comply with the recommendations. We need to work together to "Flatten the curve"

Be Safe...stay healthy and hope for brighter days to come!

This order came from Cuomo. what I heard its only good till April 29. after this date it could get extended for another month if we can't get an handle on the virus. I heard if we don't comply we could pay up to a 10 thousand dollar fine. this new order is going to far. Cuomo got all the state parks shut down too till April 29. I think this BS will go on till June.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, troutman10 said:

So I guess instead of using the boat at a launch on Canandaigua this weekend with the family, we will fish the Canandaigua city pier where anyone and everyone will be strolling by. Theres no way this can even be enforced alot of places in our state.  What If I had a boat docked on personal property? I wouldnt need a boat launch in that situation. Can I still use it? 

If you fish the pier you still have to stay away from people. if you have your boat docked on your property you still have to keep your distance from other people in your boat.

1 hour ago, Ray4852 said:

This order came from Cuomo. what I heard its only good till April 29. after this date it could get extended for another month if we can't get an handle on the virus. I heard if we don't comply we could pay up to a 10 thousand dollar fine. this new order is going to far. Cuomo got all the state parks shut down too till April 29. I think this BS will go on till June.

That's incorrect.  State Parks are generally open.  Certain parts of the parks like the playgrounds and camping are closed.  It's tricky to decipher exactly what's closed and open.

you can walk the trails only if you keep safe distance from other people. if you go to a state park and you see to many people there, they can force you to leave. best time to go week days only. I walk the trails at Allegany state park. I ask the police there, stay away from people far distance. no problem. everything else at state parks are closed.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:40 PM, katydid said:

Cuomo is   not an Emperor. He’s been LEGALLY VOTED as the Governor of NYS.  Any problem with that, take it up with the board of elections.

YA VOTED IN BY THE CITY OF NEW YORK 8 million people, the rest of the state besides Buffalo voted for the other guy, he doesn’t care about UPstate, Trump should have built a wall right starting at Weschester County .

• Like 2