We had a nice quick morning... I have been trying to catch coho salmon cause they are the best to eat but I’m struggling! I’m like a 99% catch and release guy but I would keep cohos! Caught this nice brown on my dodger fly coho rig lol. Does anybody have any tips to get the browns to stop hitting my coho rigs lol my son says “dad were catching fish who cares” [emoji23] IMG_7121.JPGIMG_7129.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think your son's comment is right on target because underneath it is "It is fun just catching fish with you dad":smile:

• Like 1

I think your son's comment is right on target because underneath it is "It is fun just catching fish with you dad":smile:

Don’t get me wrong!! I am very grateful for any fish! I just want to learn more, be a better fisherman and how to target specific species!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes I know and my comment was not intended as any criticism but the contrary as a compliment:smile: The pic underscores the importance of fishing as a family activity.

I'm fairly new (8-ish years) to spring LO trolling, but I know I don't catch nearly as many cohos in the past couple years as we did when I started. I'd say it was about 3:1 browns to cohos in 2013, but idk if I've even caught one in the past two seasons. I'm sure theres a reason that the many very informed guys on this forum can explain, but its beyond my knowledge. I was just as enthused as you were about targeting cohos several years ago, but soon learned it wasn't what it use to be and it was better off taking your sons advice and enjoying the brown trout fishery that still exist and if a coho happens to hit the brown gear, all the better.

• Like 1