Boat launches closed

My son just sent me an article New York State closes all boat launches ,marinas, playgrounds ,golf courses marinas will stay open only to help government agencies and businesses deemed essential.Is that for real?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My son just sent me an article New York State closes all boat launches ,marinas, playgrounds ,golf courses marinas will stay open only to help government agencies and businesses deemed essential.Is that for real?

Dec stated article was incorrect

I can't find proof. 1 DEC officer said the article was wrong. Does someone know the truth? You read one article and it states launches are open another states they are closed.

This is rediculous!  When I go to the launch I'm not exactly there to get all up in the other fisherman's space.

I can wait until the next guy is done at the dock before using it.  Not a problem to keep my distance.  Nanny state because I guess we can't police ourselves.  Only person more annoyed than me is me wife because now she has to live with a frustrated fisherman.  Don't misunderstand, I'm lucky that this is my biggest issue right now - but c'mon now.  Guess I'll join the guys on the pier again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RWR1775 said:

This is rediculous!  When I go to the launch I'm not exactly there to get all up in the other fisherman's space.

I can wait until the next guy is done at the dock before using it.  Not a problem to keep my distance.  Nanny state because I guess we can't police ourselves.  Only person more annoyed than me is me wife because now she has to live with a frustrated fisherman.  Don't misunderstand, I'm lucky that this is my biggest issue right now - but c'mon now.  Guess I'll join the guys on the pier again.

This is straight up the biggest overreaction in the history of the US. 

So far, just under 17,000 US deaths. There are 70,000 US deaths per year from overdosing, with a world wide death rate of 585,000 people in 2018, where’s the uproar??? I can name 10 more causes of more death in the US. Totally get that it sucks that some are dying. But did anyone see the article that says if you die (from whatever) and your autopsy shows you had covid 19, then your death cert will show you died from covid 19. So if I crash my motorcycle, die, test positive for covid 19, according to the CDC I died from covid 19. If you wanna keep your distance, I don’t hate you. But I’m not naive enough for this crap.

Edited by Offshore IV
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HB2 said:

Is Sandy open ? 

Was going to dump my small boat tommorow . 

I’m going to check Mexico point today and report back, if that’s any help... quite frankly when my gf told me all launches are closed, I told her it is due to the high winds and predicted wave forecast...

Edited by Offshore IV
  • Like 1

OLCOTT closed?????? All of this is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. I remember during the Obama government shutdown the Iroquois national Wildlife refuge was closed! Not just the welcome center, the woods and Swamp had closed signs posted. Disgusting. I fish alone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Even if there was a legitimate reason to close the launches, NYS is a day late n a dollar short. According to cuomo the curve is flattening. So obviously boat launches weren’t the culprit. I disapprove of him 100%. He’s doing something just to do something. 🤬🤬🤬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefin54 said:

He’s doing everything he can do, so when they realize they over predicted the death toll and everything else, he will be able to say, “see I saved NY, with everything I did”

You’re not wrong, I’m just salty haha 

offshore iv,i sure hope I get to shake your hand some day!!!!!!!!you are 100 % right and im glad you can see through the smoke and mirrors of the gloom and doom news media and the absurd non-sense this moron Cuomo is doing to this state.OFFSHORE IV FOR GOVERNOR!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, finsntins said:

offshore iv,i sure hope I get to shake your hand some day!!!!!!!!you are 100 % right and im glad you can see through the smoke and mirrors of the gloom and doom news media and the absurd non-sense this moron Cuomo is doing to this state.OFFSHORE IV FOR GOVERNOR!!!!!!

Lol I’ve actually considered politics but I’d be in over my head. This whole thing reminds me of when cuomo instilled the “you can have 10 round magazines in your handguns but you can only have 7 bullets in them” type of crap. Maybe his policies do well for NYC, but he is not in touch with upstate NY.