Boat launches closed

41 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

“It makes sense”
“They have to do it”?
Now we are doctors? When the restaurant workers start wearing masks when making my take out dinner and Home Depot has less than FUUL parking lot, I’ll think about listening to you....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Your welcome to come into my restaurant and see our cooks wearing masks and gloves and wiping down the pickup area every time a customer approaches the pickup area. we are spacing customers out 6 feet apart with gaf tape(I get that from my music stage work business) and we are constantly wiping down the doors to keep everyone safe.....My point is we are trying our best to follow the rules just like fisherman should follow the rules being issued as well. This is for eveyones benefit not the individual. Some people need to seriously look beyond themselves....

• Like 1

Heres a novel thought (No pun intended) We have many medical workers, town and highway workers, restaurant workers, convenience store workers, grocery store workers, home depot workers and many others who are getting sick simply because people are allowed to go to these places yet they have to work in these conditions...Yet alone worry about the impact this has on their families.....

Is it too much to ask fisherman to stay off their boats and actually stay home and help reduce the spread of this thing.....OR is your life that self centered that catching a brown trout in lake ontario the most important thing in your life....

Trust me boys....these things will be here for a very long time.....

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gator said:

You don't become a sheep by listening to well-educated people who have trained for years. However, if you don't listen, you could become a statistic. More likely though, you'll contribute to someone else's being a statistic instead. Please go fishing and stop insulting our intelligence.

19pxfq.thumb.jpg.f871cc57cbfe39fd60bf5dccd84c860b.jpg

• Like 2

I live down by Albany .just me and wife come up to fish 

That is still a 3 hour trip. You are traveling through populations , stopping for gas , snacks , bathroom breaks. That is against everything that is being asked of us. You may bring corona or catch corona , but either way you risk spreading it and maybe killing people. If you want to jump off the bridge, that’s your business. But when you risk taking my family with you , that’s my business. Stay home

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

IMHO, I feel this launch closing was a result of the “majority” of people not following the guidelines vs us here on LOU who are the “minority”. If your ticked off because you can’t get your clients out, don’t be, if your ticked off because you and your buddies can’t get out, don’t be. If your ticked off because you can’t come up from out of state to boat and fish, don’t be. If your ticked off because you can’t go fishing by yourself or with your family “You have every right to be”! But I have a sense of who you should be upset with.

I almost wish that they would of left the launches open but gave direction to coast guard / sheriffs to go up and down the lakes and ticket every freakin boat that wasn’t a single boater or only had family members on it. Wonder what excuse would be used then. “It’s my constitutional right”...... ummm in case you didn’t realize, it’s a privilege to hunt and fish. Let’s be real. Just for the sake of doing the right thing for the right reasons. I’d also suggest you become a perch fisherman. If you find a launch and are truly a single boater, don’t advertise it. It may become ruined by the noted above offenders. Just saying.

• Like 4

Your welcome to come into my restaurant and see our cooks wearing masks and gloves and wiping down the pickup area every time a customer approaches the pickup area. we are spacing customers out 6 feet apart with gaf tape(I get that from my music stage work business) and we are constantly wiping down the doors to keep everyone safe.....My point is we are trying our best to follow the rules just like fisherman should follow the rules being issued as well. This is for eveyones benefit not the individual. Some people need to seriously look beyond themselves....

You are the only one then that I would of ever seen in about 10 places. Thank you.

I understand freaking a little because you can't go fishing. I couldn't fish all last year because of my back and might not be able to fish this year so I feel your pain. I've basically been home bound for over 11 months. BUT

I haven't had to deal with

Not being able to see my baby born because of the virus.

Having a loved one die and not be able to go to their funeral or visit them in their time of need.

Had to go to work in an essential job and worry if I'm going to bring the virus home to my family.

Laid in a hospital bed not knowing if I'm going to go home and not be able to have a visitor.

Hope this ends soon for everyone.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Charlie P said:

I understand freaking a little because you can't go fishing. I couldn't fish all last year because of my back and might not be able to fish this year so I feel your pain. I've basically been home bound for over 11 months. BUT

I haven't had to deal with

Not being able to see my baby born because of the virus.

Having a loved one die and not be able to go to their funeral or visit them in their time of need.

Had to go to work in an essential job and worry if I'm going to bring the virus home to my family.

Laid in a hospital bed not knowing if I'm going to go home and not be able to have a visitor.

Hope this ends soon for everyone.

Right and I’ll say that this is not (for me personally) complaining about not being able to fish. I’ve only been fishing the lake for five years or so. I’m more upset that our governor is making decisions like this. The safe act was another example. He just does something just to do something. 

I hope you Can get out soon and your back heals!

Offshore IV, me too. Had surgery in September and still having a lot of issues so they did a CT and myelogram in February had an appointment with my doctor on March 9th and he wanted an MRI because he needs a better view because a cyst might have grown back in the spine. Well they stop elective procedures a couple days later. Last week I had to borrow a walker because I couldn't walk and now I'm having an MRI Tuesday. 

A lot of lives effected by this.

I wish you could see this isn't political!  Most states have made the same decisions as NY.  South Carolina has way less cases but yet they closed their launches a week sooner than NY.  Cuomo actually waited longer than many states to make the decision to close launches.  All 50 states have requested Trump to declare a state of emergency, and he has granted it to every single state.  If you want to talk about the safe act it's a short conversation on this forum, but this isn't that and they aren't related!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justtracytrolling said:

I wish you could see this isn't political!  Most states have made the same decisions as NY.  South Carolina has way less cases but yet they closed their launches a week sooner than NY.  Cuomo actually waited longer than many states to make the decision to close launches.  All 50 states have requested Trump to declare a state of emergency, and he has granted it to every single state.  If you want to talk about the safe act it's a short conversation on this forum, but this isn't that and they aren't related!

For sure, I don’t think it’s political. I just don’t like ignorant decisions and those know no political party. Closing boat launches is going to do nothing either way. The only argument I can see is if out of staters or nonlocal people fished so just outlaw that. 

I dont like someone in government running running every aspect of my life. And it’s starting to feel that way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie P said:

Offshore IV, me too. Had surgery in September and still having a lot of issues so they did a CT and myelogram in February had an appointment with my doctor on March 9th and he wanted an MRI because he needs a better view because a cyst might have grown back in the spine. Well they stop elective procedures a couple days later. Last week I had to borrow a walker because I couldn't walk and now I'm having an MRI Tuesday. 

A lot of lives effected by this.

Be safe during your visits, hope for the best 🙏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrclean said:

Heres a novel thought (No pun intended) We have many medical workers, town and highway workers, restaurant workers, convenience store workers, grocery store workers, home depot workers and many others who are getting sick simply because people are allowed to go to these places yet they have to work in these conditions...Yet alone worry about the impact this has on their families.....

Is it too much to ask fisherman to stay off their boats and actually stay home and help reduce the spread of this thing.....OR is your life that self centered that catching a brown trout in lake ontario the most important thing in your life....

Trust me boys....these things will be here for a very long time.....

Image may contain: 1 person

BTW Nice Brown

Edited by NPike
  • Like 1

Guys this sucks for all us . I am 3 hrs away from lake O so I am not going to make a trip up there and risk it for me or others. I am taking the time to get my boat clean and doing maintenance. So when it is safe to make the trip I am ready. I feel bad for the small charter businesses that are sitting idle. Better times to come hopefully. If everyone does there part hopefully sooner than later . 

• Like 2

I- Bay open. Also took a ride to Sodus and state launch open also. If everyone just does their business getting in and out and doesn't stand around yakking,  maybe we can get through this. 

Edited by UNREEL
  • Like 1

According to Cuomo the curve is flattening and less people have been coming into hospitals.  So what we have been doing is working (even though NYC subways are still packed with people).  If that is the case, leave things the way they were.  Why take away an outlet for people to destress?  When I went out last week, people were social distancing and playing by the rules.  Just because there are a ton of trailers in the parking lot, doesn't mean people are not social distancing.  If the curve is flattening, it is close to starting to decline.  If we just continue on the path we are on, and not make changes, it will go down.  Using a boat and social distancing is not going to make the numbers climb again.  Use your heads, wash your hands, don't touch your face, protect yourself and you will not spread or contract this virus.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For some perspective, here in Steuben county we’ve had 11 people die in the last two weeks from this.  Not NYC, Bath and Hornell.  I hear a lot of people talking about how anyone who legitimizes this are  sheep and it’s no worse than the flu.  11 people don’t die in nursing homes from the flu in 2 weeks...11 people don’t die in this county in 2 weeks period.  On top of that over half the positive tests that came back from that nursing home (residents and workers), were from folks who were asymptomatic....so probably “essential” workers carrying the virus without symptoms and unknowingly infecting/killing old folks...taking it room to room AFTER they passed a thermometer test to be allowed to work.

That virus didn’t just show up in that nursing home it traveled there.  If nothing else I know I’m traveling a lot less, and will continue to travel less as long as the launches are closed.  Sucks to not be fishing but if it keeps someone safe it’s worth it.

• Like 6