Boat launches closed

Same here. I live in PA 2 miles from the NY border. Less than an hour from 3 of the Finger Lakes. I haven’t been to my camp on the Salmon River since this started. My drift boat and lake boat sit in the driveway. Still working an essential job. My wife works in healthcare. We have stayed home except for work. We don’t risk getting family or friends sick. I’m as big a fisherman as anybody out there. Sucks but just waiting it out. Feels like the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Same here. I live in PA 2 miles from the NY border. Less than an hour from 3 of the Finger Lakes. I haven’t been to my camp on the Salmon River since this started. My drift boat and lake boat sit in the driveway. Still working an essential job. My wife works in healthcare. We have stayed home except for work. We don’t risk getting family or friends sick. I’m as big a fisherman as anybody out there. Sucks but just waiting it out. Feels like the right thing to do.

Thank you

For what its worth,(in my opinion),after following along with some topics in “Lake Ontario United” theres alot of controversy with opinions with whats goin on. Seeing alot of members I RESPECT conflicting others I RESPECT. 
   I Really hope this time passes soon and We / I  get back to getting excited again to see new notifications of people posting pics of catching fish and a rundown of when and where. 
I hope You all stay safe. Keep on keepin on. We’re all UNITED Here.  :handshake:

• Like 6

Maybe it's time for all of the guys who travel to get back to their fishing roots and fish In their local waters . 

I'm quite sure their is some sort of fishing for stream trout or sunfish close by . 

Wet a line and appreciate the fact you are healthy and can at least go 

Edited by HB2
  • Like 1

HB2 the 12 ft Radison Conoe is definitely going to get some use. In some backwoods trout ponds [emoji106]

I retired so I could have spring fishing.Boat is out of storage sitting in the driveway guess I’ll walk across the road and hit some of the beaver ponds for trout

Montana and Ohio are putting requirements in place that effectively stop travel to their states for Hunting and Fishing "recreational" activities. Spring bear hunting in Montana, and the walleye runs in the western basin rivers of Lake Erie are substantial revenue generators for those states, so I'm sure it was not an easy decision. The regs require a 14 day self quarantine after travel to those states, prior to hunting or fishing. I've applied for a Montana elk/deer combo tag for use in the fall, sure hope this is over by then...……….. Either way, I support this type of restriction, and think it encourages good decisions by travelers. 

My youngest daughter works in the ER at Strong. I worry about her health and safety relentlessly. Whatever can be done by the general public to minimize the impact on our health care providers is in my mind the right thing to do...… but I'm biased. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

IMG_1077.JPG

Ha this is hilarious. 

Agreed though, I don’t and never meant to disrespect anyone. I’m very blunt by nature. Bottom line is I do hope we can legally launch our boats and lay a smack down soon. I hope none of the members here recognize my boat and plot revenge once we do get back out! haha

Ha this is hilarious. 

Agreed though, I don’t and never meant to disrespect anyone. I’m very blunt by nature. Bottom line is I do hope we can legally launch our boats and lay a smack down soon. I hope none of the members here recognize my boat and plot revenge once we do get back out! haha

I don’t care what you say that pic is funny

We are over the worst it seems now. Couple more weeks I think we should start to get back to a new normal. I don't want to offend anyone on here but this keeping us out of state folks away to stop the spread is fine as long as it goes both ways. Here in PA where I live we have lots of essential jobs in warehouses and distribution centers. In the last month we have had hundreds of people from NY take jobs here and start living here. Like I said it works both ways. I have stayed home to do my part to prevent the spread. But in a couple more weeks or so I'll be heading up to do some fishing and support the local businesses that need our help now more than ever. It's not about catching fish. It's about coming up and spending time with friends that have become family and supporting the small businesses as I've done for over 25 years. I don't want to get anyone sick or get sick myself but if we aren't sick we should start getting back to work and living our lives soon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I agree with you and to expand on that, People are going to have to get used to this "new normal" they keep throwing out on how we are going to get back to social integration. Right now there is and has been a nervous twitch with people from other states traveling across state lines. I was supposed to go see my first grandchild be born April 8th in NC. I stayed at home in NY fully following the guidelines and it kills me to this moment that I have not and probably will not see her (my first grandchild) for at least a month from now..And photos dont cut it...It actually makes it worse...I dont think a NY plate would have been welcomed in NC last week...Heck I may have even have been turned around if this did get worse back then..

Now that this seems to be working its way thru we are all going to have to start over again and part of that will be shaking the state line fears away.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Charlie P said:

I just heard on the radio that Cuomo is thinking about allowing drive in theaters to open, because everyone would be contained in the car???? Anyone hear this? It makes no sense.

He did actually say he was going to take a look at that. A reporter asked him about the drive in theaters in yesterdays update.

So here is what I 'm wondering tonight after finding none of 4 launches I visited today blocked off:  Is a launch usable if not blocked off?  Two of these launches were state parks (Fort Niagara and Wilson-Tuscarora), another was Lewiston and lastly was Olcott.  In the case of Olcott, it was reported early on in LOU that it was blockaded.  Not a sign of anything like that visible.  Are we to assume that the mere edict of launches being non-essential is enough?  I argue that these launches are not businesses and therefore the essential business business does not apply.  Are we being told to discontinue non-essential activities?

Non-essential activities seems to be a broad term and open to the eye of the beholder.

I take the current situation seriously and had to make a choice for my son today to keep he and my mom separated  today out of caution.  I just don't see what takes place at a boat launch as a situation we cannot manage for ourselves.  Totally possible to socially distance there even if busy.  It just takes a bit of restraint and working with others.  Problem is the government in this  case does not want us to rely on ourselves, but instead the government.   The government absolutely has a role to play in situations like this.  In fact that role is vital in this situation, but this cowboy thinks differently about the boat launch closure.  By the way i disagree with tennis courts being closed too and I have not held a racket since high school gym class.

Tight Lines

Edited by RWR1775

On 4/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, mrclean said:

Trust me boys....these things will be here for a very long time.....

Image may contain: 1 person

Nice fish! When posing for pictures, remember, "Right hand, right gill. Left hand, left gill." Something a charter captain told me a few years ago.

Example:

IMG_1559.jpg

Edited by ADKHewes
  • Like 1