Boat launches closed

Personally if a launch isn't blocked off I'd use it but I do fish alone. Last Tuesday when I launched at the Genesee another boat was being launched with 5 people aboard. (24ft) That's an example of why they closed the launches. 

• Like 2

The Town of Richmond posted that they reopened the launches on Honeoye lake. According to new guidance, the governors's executive order was supposedly directed at private and not public launches. Go figure. Here's the link.

https://townrichmond.digitaltowpath.org:10135/content

Edited by Gator

The Town of Richmond posted that they reopened the launches on Honeoye lake. According to new guidance, the governors's executive order was supposedly directed at private and not public launches. Go figure. Here's the link.

https://townrichmond.digitaltowpath.org:10135/content

Mexico is a state launch is it still closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes it is.Drove by this morning and entrance and exit are both barricaded......

My son just called me lives close to Cayuga took a ride around the lake can’t figure it out some launches are locked up some launches are open

That may be true but as of right now they haven’t closed off all with barricades & signs.  Brother lives in Westport right on the lake Champlain shoreline.  DEC boat launch on outskirts of the village.  No barrier or signs there as of this morning.  Probably just a matter of time, though.

I was just watching the press briefing and Cuomo was saying that the states need to coordinate together about things " if our Marinas are closed in the summer Connecticut and New Jersey won't want NY people going there" get ready think he had a Freudian slip

I was just watching the press briefing and Cuomo was saying that the states need to coordinate together about things " if our Marinas are closed in the summer Connecticut and New Jersey won't want NY people going there" get ready think he had a Freudian slip

Come up with some definite rules that people have to obey at boat launches and let the people enjoy their summers.I retired, I wore complete clean room garb for 22 years . Now I’m wearing mask and gloves again. I’m going to put my boat in my neighbors pond and sit in it with a fishing pole and a beer. Thanks I’m done raving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I checked this morning and some have no barricades or signs. I called DEC and those are still closed to nonessential activity. Even though it may not be enforced and some may still be launching I will abide.

Fortunately I may have access to a private launch, can drop my Gheenoe in at a local lake, or fish from the bank so I still can get out.

With a May 15th date this will likely effect the opening of walleyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 minute ago, Kevin J Legg said:

I checked this morning and some have no barricades or signs. I called DEC and they are still closed to nonessential activity. Even though it may not be enforced and some may still be launching I will abide.

Awww.  Come on Kevin, you know you cant just sit at home. I imagine mr walleye is going nuts without opening weekend plans

Hi Kevin. How do you like your gheenoe? What model do you have ?

It’s very stable and works well paddling or with a motor. I’ve used it on local small lakes and some for duck hunting. Not as comfortable as my Lund but a solid option.
Can’t remember the model but it’s 16’
They can actually be tricked out and used as flats boats with poling platforms.

Some State launches with no employee on duty are open. This is to protect employees first. Some employees closed their launches with barricades to protect their jobs.

Where did you read that

• Like 1