Boat launches closed

The biggest avenue for the transmit ion of Covid 19 in New York city was the Sub-way, buses and elevators. Never seen any one of these at a boat launch. The Mayor of Buffalo, NY was offering free transportation on their transit system Now that's a great way to social distance. And these are the people making decisions to protect the public and close boat ramps, Right. 

The biggest avenue for the transmit ion of Covid 19 in New York city was the Sub-way, buses and elevators. Never seen any one of these at a boat launch. The Mayor of Buffalo, NY was offering free transportation on their transit system Now that's a great way to social distance. And these are the people making decisions to protect the public and close boat ramps, Right. 

MIT got a grant to see why the virus spread so fast in NYC. Surprise subway.Any one with common sense could see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

MIT got a grant to see why the virus spread so fast in NYC. Surprise subway.Any one with common sense could see that.

Onondaga County or you can play golf but you can’t launch your boat.What a farce

Onondaga County or you can play golf but you can’t launch your boat.What a farce

Not many people travel 3 hours from PA or Joisey to play golf. The problem with the launches are the people coming from all over and bringing Covid or taking Covid. Stay home get this over with

Man this is such a double edged sword. Chinook 35 you have a good point. But I just want to fish a local lake by me in central adk’s. Guess what it is barricaded. Be just me and my young sons. But I also know that as the weather gets warmer. The pontoons will be out loaded with people in my area. So what is the answer?

Man this is such a double edged sword. Chinook 35 you have a good point. But I just want to fish a local lake by me in central adk’s. Guess what it is barricaded. Be just me and my young sons. But I also know that as the weather gets warmer. The pontoons will be out loaded with people in my area. So what is the answer?

But just think you can still go golfing with 10 of your friends.

Newest info from the Empire State Marine Trades Association:

“Good news!  We just spoke to the governors council.  New York State is now coordinating an approach with CT & NJ to declare marinas essential.  No charters or rentals allowed but all other operations can continue subject to social distancing & sanitation.  The Governors Office will be releasing this information later today.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinook35 said:

Not many people travel 3 hours from PA or Joisey to play golf. The problem with the launches are the people coming from all over and bringing Covid or taking Covid. Stay home get this over with

Better be ready to stay home for a couple more years then.It isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Better be ready to stay home for a couple more years then.It isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Whatever it takes It’s not going to get better till people stop spreading it with their I don’t care attitude

I willing to bet you have been out of your house more than me in the last week.I did go fishing last Sunday thou and was within 6 ft of 1 person.I did touch a gas pump with a disposable glove and touched a dock which I washed with soap afterwards.

2 minutes ago, mrclean said:

I wouldnt go that fast lol....They are just beginning the discussions 

Marinas on the south shore are posting on F/B there opening up.  Probly by the time the public hears of it there past the discussion part of reopening. 

The only good news this brings to me is that I get to read new posts in “South shore Fishing Reports”. I’m not traveling 2.5 hrs to fish for a couple weeks till things cool down.