Boat launches closed

1 hour ago, finsntins said:

I don't blame the out of staters,i blame everyone on this site that went out fishing and had to go post fishing reports,pictures of four people on a boat,pictures of full lots and talking about full lots and heavy boat traffic.i can only imagine the same thing is on facebook and all the other stupid social media sites.if you would have just went fishing and kept your mouth shut and stayed off the internet,you probably would still be fishing!!!!!!!keep posting pictures of ramps that are still open,you are helping the state find them and close them too!!!!!!and if anyone thinks this is gonna be over with in a couple weeks,you are sadly mistaking,vermont just extended their stay at home order to may 15th and we all know that this moron Cuomo isn't gonna be out done by another state,so im sure in a few days he is gonna make an announcement that he is extending the stay at home order in new York till the end of may.

This is a pretty ignorant comment. Ive posted pictures with me on a bot with people I live with. So don’t paint us all with a broad stroke. If you cannot see the overreaction here, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

if anyone has locations of any launches that are still open,please post them here and please post as many pictures as possible and if you could post pictures of the license plates of trucks and trailers at the launches,that would be very helpful also!!!!!!thanks for your help

• Like 1

To all the sheep, statistic wise it was posted people in NYC that died had pre existing problems. If you died of a heart attack and had the virus it is counted. They broke it up and found that the people that died with the virus with no existing problems was 1.9%. They can’t understand why all the other deaths flu,heart,diabetes etc had dropped tremendously. And now 18 thousand people died of this, last year 60 thousand died of the flue, IF you have a condition stay home, Most of this is POLITICS, 83 % that had the virus got over with it.

Edited by thork9

We can rant all we want to vent our frustration.  When you start to take it out on each other it defeats the purpose.  We all know the only way to see a possibility of change is to write to your local legislator and voice your opinion.  Obviously, it won't be an immediate change but if enough voices are heard then there is a possibility of change.  Then it is up to us to police ourselves and social distance at the launch and not make a huge deal about it.  Its not an easy fix.  Fight through it and persevere.  

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Hoping to post pics of me and my sons in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Keep postin pics of turkeys and I’m gonna feel forced to leave PA to hunt Turkeys in NY

• Like 1

We can rant all we want to vent our frustration.  When you start to take it out on each other it defeats the purpose.  We all know the only way to see a possibility of change is to write to your local legislator and voice your opinion.  Obviously, it won't be an immediate change but if enough voices are heard then there is a possibility of change.  Then it is up to us to police ourselves and social distance at the launch and not make a huge deal about it.  Its not an easy fix.  Fight through it and persevere.  
Thanks for posting this Dennis. I have written to both our assemblyman and the Governor on this issue. I truly believe boat launches and marinas are not a big issue related to the spread of this virus. Fishing and boating are a great stress reliever in these tough times. As a boat owner with a boat in a marina I can say this decision is tough to deal with. I have many thousand of dollars invested and I very much enjoy fishing with my family and friends. This is a poor decision made by our government. Instead of complaining on our forum please write to our state representatives.

I would also like to add that many of the Lake Ontario business owners have been dealing with a lot problems due to high water. They need the support of citizens and the government. Please support local business if you can. Let's all deal with this together and get through it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thork9 said:

To all the sheep, statistic wise it was posted people in NYC that died had pre existing problems. If you died of a heart attack and had the virus it is counted. They broke it up and found that the people that died with the virus with no existing problems was 1.9%. They can’t understand why all the other deaths flu,heart,diabetes etc had dropped tremendously. And now 18 thousand people died of this, last year 60 thousand died of the flue, IF you have a condition stay home, Most of this is POLITICS, 83 % that had the virus got over with it.

No, it's not, but it's likely there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. Still, here goes. The number of folks who died in a motorcycle accident but were pronounced dead by COVID is...zero. The entire premise of social distancing is to protect our most vulnerable, those who have underlying conditions that make them susceptible. This is accepted. You aren't telling us anything new. Your argument has merit so long as you accept the premise that if you're going to die anyway, it doesn't matter when it happens or from what. And the issue with COVID is that it is putting stress on the system - which results in needless mortality as resources are overwhelmed. Your numbers are suspect, as well. 83% recover? May as well play Russian Roulette if that's true.

You don't become a sheep by listening to well-educated people who have trained for years. However, if you don't listen, you could become a statistic. More likely though, you'll contribute to someone else's being a statistic instead. Please go fishing and stop insulting our intelligence.

• Like 1

I know that the guidelines in place are probably working . 

Here is my question 

When we are told it is safe to come out , if there is no vaccine , I still have just as much of a chance to get the virus , correct ?

It's not like it's just going to go away . So in reality we are not safer , just prolonging what may be the inevitable . 

If that is the case , then this must be being done so that the health care system won't be overrun . 

But I think we were told that . 

Edited by HB2

Most deaths are from pneumonia brought on by the virus. The 1918 pandemic deaths were from pneumonia the same. Your immune system is increased by your body temperature and the high temperature is indicative of its fight off the virus. The pneumonia is brought on by the phlegm brought on by the virus and it fills the lung sacs preventing the exchange of oxygen to your blood. Your heart works harder and and the body shuts down.

I don't blame the out of staters,i blame everyone on this site that went out fishing and had to go post fishing reports,pictures of four people on a boat,pictures of full lots and talking about full lots and heavy boat traffic.i can only imagine the same thing is on facebook and all the other stupid social media sites.if you would have just went fishing and kept your mouth shut and stayed off the internet,you probably would still be fishing!!!!!!!keep posting pictures of ramps that are still open,you are helping the state find them and close them too!!!!!!and if anyone thinks this is gonna be over with in a couple weeks,you are sadly mistaking,vermont just extended their stay at home order to may 15th and we all know that this moron Cuomo isn't gonna be out done by another state,so im sure in a few days he is gonna make an announcement that he is extending the stay at home order in new York till the end of may.

2x

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think we will see more launches close this week if there are any left by tonight. It makes sense it really does.  Its a tough challenge trying to keep fisherman out of the water.  But they have to do it. Any launch open any charter boat running any overcrowded boats dont help the situation. We just need to lay low for awhile is all. Happy Easter...Its a good day for a bicycle ride lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gator said:

No, it's not, but it's likely there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. Still, here goes. The number of folks who died in a motorcycle accident but were pronounced dead by COVID is...zero. The entire premise of social distancing is to protect our most vulnerable, those who have underlying conditions that make them susceptible. This is accepted. You aren't telling us anything new. Your argument has merit so long as you accept the premise that if you're going to die anyway, it doesn't matter when it happens or from what. And the issue with COVID is that it is putting stress on the system - which results in needless mortality as resources are overwhelmed. Your numbers are suspect, as well. 83% recover? May as well play Russian Roulette if that's true.

You don't become a sheep by listening to well-educated people who have trained for years. However, if you don't listen, you could become a statistic. More likely though, you'll contribute to someone else's being a statistic instead. Please go fishing and stop insulting our intelligence.

Very well put Keith. I think no matter what is said it falls on deaf ears though.....kinda like much of  the conspiracy stuff:smile:

• Like 1

I think we will see more launches close this week if there are any left by tonight. It makes sense it really does.  Its a tough challenge trying to keep fisherman out of the water.  But they have to do it. Any launch open any charter boat running any overcrowded boats dont help the situation. We just need to lay low for awhile is all. Happy Easter...Its a good day for a bicycle ride lol

“It makes sense”
“They have to do it”?
Now we are doctors? When the restaurant workers start wearing masks when making my take out dinner and Home Depot has less than FUUL parking lot, I’ll think about listening to you....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here’s an idea. Solo fishing only. Or only people you live with can fish on your boat. And zero people from out of state allowed, or even only folks within a 50 mile radius. 

To say the government “has” to close boat launches really concerns me. Does the government “have” to come into your home if they suspect your sick? A history lesson tells us the last time that happened WWII began due to a tyrannical government and the last known genocide. 

Im ok with you being super careful, that’s your business. But closing boat launches to anyone is straight ignorance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly!!!!! [emoji106]

Here’s an idea. Solo fishing only. Or only people you live with can fish on your boat. And zero people from out of state allowed, or even only folks within a 50 mile radius. 

To say the government “has” to close boat launches really concerns me. Does the government “have” to come into your home if they suspect your sick? A history lesson tells us the last time that happened WWII began due to a tyrannical government and the last known genocide. 

Im ok with you being super careful, that’s your business. But closing boat launches to anyone is straight ignorance. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2