Mexico Point Boat Launch closed?

Blockades are going up quick. Olcott was blocked off today. A couple Lake Erie and finger lakes launches were also blocked that I know of. Gates were locked at Glenwood lake in Orleans county. Only time will tell how far it goes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good evening, just heard all state are closed as they are non essential. Is this true?

All boat launches are closed as well as marinas and golf courses

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

All boat launches are closed as well as marinas and golf courses

There are many launches with no barricades. It is really unfortunate that one of the fundamentals of survival that inherently creates social distancing is infringed upon by the government. There are many dedicated fishermen who need this fishery to feed their families. It’s hard to imagine that launching a boat with a fishing rod is influencing COVID-19.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dad with Twin boys said:

There are many launches with no barricades. It is really unfortunate that one of the fundamentals of survival that inherently creates social distancing is infringed upon by the government. There are many dedicated fishermen who need this fishery to feed their families. It’s hard to imagine that launching a boat with a fishing rod is influencing COVID-19.

With all due respect, but the cost of catching a fish is far higher than the cost of buying a fish.

Thanks to everyone for the respectful feedback and I do agree that the cost of catching fish is more expensive than buying it. We don’t really know who has touched the fish that we buy. However, I am a father of 2 boys and I invest a lot of TIME with them in the outdoors away from electronics and video games. The expense of not spending time with them has negative consequences on them becoming good respectful young men. I feel there are far more effective actions that could be implemented than shutting down boat launch’s that good people and families use to combat this pandemic.

• Like 6

Good time to scout turkeys. Walk quietly through fields near woods a half hour before sunrise. First you’ll hear song birds and crows. Shortly after you’ll hear turkeys gobbling. It’s pretty awesome.

• Like 2

Good time to scout turkeys. Walk quietly through fields near woods a half hour before sunrise. First you’ll hear song birds and crows. Shortly after you’ll hear turkeys gobbling. It’s pretty awesome.

Just beware of ticks. They’re bad this year but we don’t need anything else to worry about.

Ticks here in NEPA r really bad this year. I been scouting new bear and deer areas that I never had time to get into and every trip pickin a ton off myself. 
whaler,

I’m at the point Im gonna start shooting turkeys now for dinner! I’m pinchin pennys. already went trou 15lbs of perch fillets from the ice season

Thankfully most of my spots I’ve never pulled one off me. Hachimo im with you.
If we can’t fish, why not open turkey early? Your limit is your limit so no impact there. Lot of good birds around my parts this year.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, rolmops said:

With all due respect, but the cost of catching a fish is far higher than the cost of buying a fish.

With all due respect to you, but NO, its not! When you by it, you are GUESSING the merchant and ALL who touched the product and packaging have not been in contact with anyone who was positive. The cost of buying a fish may be your life. So again. nope! Go solo. Contact no one. Fish. WAY safer the buying it. Just saying. 

• Like 3