3 rods per person

Hey maybe this is a simple question but I can’t find the answer anyplace so I figure ask the pros!!

so I was fishing with my father and my son. And we were taking about the “rod limits” we usually fish 6 rods 2 riggers 2 divers and 2 inline planers. I bought my son his first trolling rod (7’ ugly stik big water and Okuma cold water 203) and he likes to run whatever catches his eye right up the gut. Does he get his own “3” rods? So we could fish 9 rods If he’s fishing with us? Or because he’s a kid are we bending the rules have too many rods in the water? Idk if there is an age where they start counting. Thanks for any help!

Maybe this will help.  I asked an ECO at the Greater Niagara Fishing Expo if my sons could take their own limit of fish.  The answer was that as long as the fish were played by them (someone else could net of course),

then he got his own limit.  This would make me believe he could have his own set of rods.  He did say that he would look differently at it if the child was so young that it would not be reasonably possible for them to play the fish totally by themselves.

Tight Lines

Edited by RWR1775

Maybe this will help.  I asked an ECO at the Greater Niagara Fishing Expo if my sons could take their own limit of fish.  The answer was that as long as the fish were played by them (someone else could net of course),
then he got his own limit.  This would make me believe he could have his own set of rods.  He did say that he would look differently at it if the child was so young that it would not be reasonably possible for them to play the fish totally by themselves.

Tight Lines

Awesome!! Thanks so much! Hes 9 and definitely fights his share of the fish! He will be happy! I guess I better get min a couple more rods [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I believe that while legal to give a fish away it still counts towards your limit.  If you were being watched, and had a limit, and gave a fish away, you are over your limit.