Time for LOU to file Lawsuit-Ramps closed

Wow. It’s all about you guys.
Can’t give up fishing for a couple weeks or a month??
New York State is the Covid capital of the world .
Between 700 and 800 people a day or dying in New York City.
It’s all about you guys.
Let’s say your buddy Dave lives in NYC and he decides that a couple of buddies and he want to go fishing .
Boat launches are still open so off they go.
Did I say it’s all about you guys?
Dave was exposed to Covid 5 days ago.
So in the truck his buddies are now exposed. They stop for fuel. Some kid working the cash gets exposed.
An hour later they stop for a meal.
More people exposed.
They get to the launch and fish all day. They come in when you come in.
You pull a 15 lb brown out of your boat and everyone runs over to congratulate you.
Well congratulations, you forget about the 6’rule now you are exposed and going to take it home to your loved ones.
This probably won’t happen but something like this happened because that is how we all got into the ****SHOW we are in now!
It’s all about you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't fish with Dave.
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, garrymny said:

20,000 members being prohibited from recreational pursuits is definitely UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Psychologist and Other doctors have said recreational activity is healthy, and relieves stress. This total shutdown is government overreach by any standard. I fish alone 80% of time. No interaction at all except to pay my ramp fee. That could be worked out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think before you make post like this or break the order, stop down and talk with doctors and nurses that are living with this. They are risking their lives daily. Or  the first responders (police and ambulances divers) Your big stress is not going fishing." Psychologist and Other doctors have said recreational activity is healthy, and relieves stress" you are trying to rationalizing this. In this context I am sure that would not be their recomendation Why not donate some time at the food kitchen. So you can grasp the problems. Go look your wife, children,parents brother & sisters and their kids in the eye tell them you know more than the medical professionals and your willing to chance it. Even if it small chance and you contact it and  pass it on to them. Yes I would say that is self centered

• Like 5

After watching a victim deal with the pain and suffering from the virus for five days and then slowly recovering, no amount of money or fish is worth tempting fate of contracting the virus. Sit back and relax and enjoy your good time now.

People: Let's keep our eyes wide open:

Bill Bennett said this morning you have a point .2% chance of getting Covid 19. If you get it you have a 98% chance of getting over it. In 2017 we had 61,000 deaths from the FLU. Models now estimate we will have 60000 deaths from Covid 19. Remember these models started out saying we will have 2 million deaths! Dr. Blix said no matter the cause of death, people dying that test positive for Covid are being counted as a Covid death. Rand Paul got it, and recovered. He had NO symptoms. He said in Iceland everyone was tested and they found 50% of people that have it had no symptoms.

Yes the Virus appears to be highly contagious.

Yes it is strange because some people die, some have no symptoms, and children don't seem to be affected, generally. Yes there's exceptions.

Yes, elderly or people with high blood pressure or heart disease are more at risk.

So consider: It started in China. Possibly man made in a Lab there. China is in a trade war with Trump. The world, and most importantly for us, the United States has shut down the entire economy. The Economy, that under Trump broke every record since records were kept, in just 3 years. The media has sensationalized this, just as they have sensationalized any thing else that might reflect poorly on Trump. There has already been ongoing Coup attempts since the inauguration. Is it any surprise they would use this as another opportunity? Democrat Governors and the media have scorned the use of hydroxochloroquine, because Trump said it was good! It is widely known, both here and in France, that it is an effective treatment. Rand Paul said doctors often prescribe off label drugs that effective at something other than what they are marketed for. Bill Gates has ties to Chinese pharmaceutical companies and is trying to get a vaccine to market, all the while poo pooing an Approved drug for Covid treatment, hydroxochloroquine. He'll be the first one to push a possibility understated and possibly dangerous vaccine! Dr. Fauci said in February we have nothing to worry about. Now he says the sky is calling and any attempt to restart the economy will result in reemergence. He has Political ties and Support to Hillary Clinton and the Democrat Party. The Democrats have used this as way to change voting laws, get more funding for abortions, And many other projects and policies that would alter the course of the nation, having nothing to do with the Covid outbreak. A quarantine used to be for sick people, of people who are at risk. Under tyranny, healthy people are also under quarantine. People are losing their business. People can't pay their bills. Unemployment is now 17%. So consider EVERYTHING. And Question EVERYTHING, and be Skeptical about EVERYTHING.

I am saying this is being sensationalized. I am saying the facts are not being reported. I am saying Governments and media propaganda machines are overreacting, possibly with an agenda we are too familiar with by now. I am saying drugs that likely work on many people are being witheld because of political hatred. Ventilators are being returned in new York now because they aren't needed. Remember a week ago Cuomo was screaming for 40k Ventilators. I am saying the closing of boat ramps is NOT warranted, and many other things are NOT needed. Check out Switzerland. No Nationwide quarantines. Getting along fine.

50000 people die each year on the highway. No panic. A plane crashes and 100 people die and it's hyped to no end. Compare this to the Flu, and Covid.

Listen and OPEN YOUR EYES

• Like 6

Under your premise of keeping your eyes wide open, might I suggest that you stop only watching Fox News. I do agree with keeping boat launches open for boating families only. 

Also, under the umbrella of keeping your eyes wide open (even if Covid attacks mucous membranes). I was wondering why N.Y. is getting hit so hard and cities like San Francisco not as much. San Fran did start mitigation sooner but still such a HUGE disparity.  Perhaps the LOU community can solve this riddle. I have a theory that the ventilation system in NY high rises allows for spread of the virus. I think about my own house with a cold air return recirculating air and can’t help but think buildings in NY attempting to save money in heating and cooling costs have building designs with recirculating air flow?  Does anyone know how high rise buildings move air?

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 2

Yea, I agree that ventilation question is scary no doubt. I will say based on what I know having an employee out on the west coast is that they have been more aggressive and sooner than us in NY. The lock down, mask requirement of some form when shopping for food etc. it seemed we were a step behind for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rush Limbaugh had the exact same Question about California weeks ago, asking why isn't California the epicenter? It has by far the most travel to and from China. He said one theory is herd immunity.

Under your premise of keeping your eyes wide open, might I suggest that you stop only watching Fox News. I do agree with keeping boat launches open for boating families only. 

Also, under the umbrella of keeping your eyes wide open (even if Covid attacks mucous membranes). I was wondering why N.Y. is getting hit so hard and cities like San Francisco not as much. San Fran did start mitigation sooner but still such a HUGE disparity.  Perhaps the LOU community can solve this riddle. I have a theory that the ventilation system in NY high rises allows for spread of the virus. I think about my own house with a cold air return recirculating air and can’t help but think buildings in NY attempting to save money in heating and cooling costs have building designs with recirculating air flow?  Does anyone know how high rise buildings move air?

42 minutes ago, garrymny said:

Rush Limbaugh had the exact same Question about California weeks ago, asking why isn't California the epicenter? It has by far the most travel to and from China. He said one theory is herd immunity.

Garry,

If you rely on Rush Limbaugh on how to live your life, you might wanna reconsider your priorities Bud. Just sayin...

Hop

I don't recall saying it was scientific evidence. Just an acute observation he made about California, which apparently you also noticed, and a mention of a theory.

Rush Limbaugh should not be cited for scientific evidence.