Cayuga 4/11

Shoved off at 6:15 trolled south, with my favorite mix of sticks and spoons, riggers/ boards, from a mile north of girl scout camp to south end, turned east heading across, back up the north side to about bolton point area. Doubled back in a few spots where we picked up fish. Packed it in at 10:45, ended up 7/9 total,5 salmon were all undersized, 1 laker 22 in, 1 smallie 19 in. Only picture worth taking was of my truck, all alone when we got in. My buddy who launched next to me this am was gone, he had to get to work. You didn’t miss much Andy. Anyone else do anything worthwhile today?IMG_0470.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sunday we did very well.

Shoved off at 6:15 trolled south, with my favorite mix of sticks and spoons, riggers/ boards, from a mile north of girl scout camp to south end, turned east heading across, back up the north side to about bolton point area. Doubled back in a few spots where we picked up fish. Packed it in at 10:45, ended up 7/9 total,5 salmon were all undersized, 1 laker 22 in, 1 smallie 19 in. Only picture worth taking was of my truck, all alone when we got in. My buddy who launched next to me this am was gone, he had to get to work. You didn’t miss much Andy. Anyone else do anything worthwhile today?IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.89274e7c0ceb797587d05e3fbcd8fa7d.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
20200412_094012.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

beauty!  what was the weight on that LL?

I landed 3 LL to 4.5 lbs, 2 browns, 1 laker Sunday afternoon.  Aggressive fish that day.
Conservatively 6lb, we lost a true monster behind the boat 10+ LL.
Female loaded with dead (loose) eggs, quite skinny really.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nautitroller said:

Conservatively 6lb, we lost a true monster behind the boat 10+ LL.
Female loaded with dead (loose) eggs, quite skinny really.

Great fish!  Exciting.  I lost a 10 pounder back in November, halfway in the net snapped the line.  
Man, the fish were really hitting Sunday.  I had a few other rips, I knew good fish.

8 hours ago, Nautitroller said:

Bite has been good on Cayuga, nice photo of fellow fisherman in a similar Trophy.
Lots of browns yesterday. Let the big girls go. 20200415_090832.jpeg20200414_090735.jpeg

NIce! But stop teasing me while I'm at work! lol  apparently I'm an essential worker..... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aspiring_Pollack said:

From my understanding, it's a result of alewifes as prey. It causes a Thiamine deficiency which affects the eggs. I thought it just made them soft so the eggs never hatch, but would not surprise me to see it manifest in several forms. Thats about the extent of my knowledge on it though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok same as lake trout pretty much. They spawn every year but the thiamine deficiency kills the fry when they're real young. I guess they hatch out of the egg but never make it much past that.  

If that was true than how do they get eggs that they take from the lake trout or salmon & hatch them at the hatchery it must be something else why they do not spawn here in Cayuga .

Edited by Trouthunter