Ramps further north are not barricaded, checked out Stony Creek, Henderson, Westcott’s, Sackets and Dexter. All ramps open and saw one trailer at Dexter. Hopefully after the blow we’re going to get over the next few days, nothing will have changed. We all need to show courtesy and patience if someone is using the ramp. Let them get on or off the water, then take your turn. Common sense should be shown at all times. The fish will always be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

NYS announced closing all boat launches and marinas last week.  If they aren't closed yet, they probably will be by the end of this week.  The lucky folks will be those with cottages who got their boats in already, and those who have, or know people who have, private launches.  And of course those with canoes, kayaks, and good shore fishing spots.

Out of curiosity, are they even closing ramps at small bodies of water to or just areas that frequent alot of out of state users and high usage? I was planning havin my boat in salmon country by last week. Oh well theres always  August or next year.  I wonder if other states would try to do the same. I took my 25ft trophy to a local 100acre lake yesterday to scratch the itch of trollin for trout :dance: caught 3 stocked rainbows 10”-12”. Lol. Looked like the titanic out there. But even here in PA people are over crowding the launches. After I got in the lot filled up and people actin like nothin goin on. Boats with 3-4 grown men. Obviously there not from the same houshold. I wonder how much more were gonna loose before this thing is over. But on the other hand theres alot who lost it all. 

11 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

Out of curiosity, are they even closing ramps at small bodies of water to or just areas that frequent alot of out of state users and high usage? I was planning havin my boat in salmon country by last week. Oh well theres always  August or next year.  I wonder if other states would try to do the same. I took my 25ft trophy to a local 100acre lake yesterday to scratch the itch of trollin for trout :dance: caught 3 stocked rainbows 10”-12”. Lol. Looked like the titanic out there. But even here in PA people are over crowding the launches. After I got in the lot filled up and people actin like nothin goin on. Boats with 3-4 grown men. Obviously there not from the same houshold. I wonder how much more were gonna loose before this thing is over. But on the other hand theres alot who lost it all. 

Yes I get what they’re trying to stop, which is what you’ve outlined there. I understand I’ve been outspokenly against this, but at the same time, as you’ve said, having bots with 3-4 dudes is not super smart. 

Yes I get what they’re trying to stop, which is what you’ve outlined there. I understand I’ve been outspokenly against this, but at the same time, as you’ve said, having bots with 3-4 dudes is not super smart. 

Once this wind and weather straighten out, my wife is going to learn to love fishing. [emoji6][emoji1303]

9 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

What’s the odds that if I park my truck in the little parking lot outside those barricades and carry my kayak down to the launch I’d be violating whatever order is in place here? Anyone have insight on that? I’d like to kayak if I can’t boat.

I would like to think you would be fine.  It really depends on the county and what their order is. My county is stay at home only go out on certain days depending on your birth year and every other Sunday. But the fact that what your doing is solitary which is what states are encouraging should suffice....Its not like you have 5 guys in a boat that has "Charter Captain of the year" plastered all over his boat and they are all just friends and family having a relaxing day on the water type thing lol..Lol I mean you can apply the "Friends and Family plan" to Verizon and the other companies but it wont really fly with the DEC and Coast Guard lol...not right now lol

Edited by mrclean
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrclean said:

I would like to think you would be fine.  It really depends on the county and what their order is. My county is stay at home only go out on certain days depending on your birth year and every other Sunday. But the fact that what your doing is solitary which is what states are encouraging should suffice....Its not like you have 5 guys in a boat that has "Charter Captain of the year" plastered all over his boat and they are all just friends and family having a relaxing day on the water type thing lol..Lol I mean you can apply the "Friends and Family plan" to Verizon and the other companies but it wont really fly with the DEC and Coast Guard lol...not right now lol

Yes sir, I’d like to think that’s acceptable haha definitely not charter capt of the year, although maybe I’ll be in the running if no charter captains can fish lol

5 minutes ago, cweb325 said:

Offshore - if you are speaking about the Mexico ramp, if I recall correctly there are no parking signs posted around that "parking" area outside the launch area.  Worst case, you're risking a parking ticket.

Ah shoot. Ok thanks for the heads up. I’m more concerned about getting a “nonessential” travel fine by the state. 

The sign at Mexico clearly read ramp for vessel. See if you can read sign :IMG_5429.JPGIMG_5429.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ah shoot. Ok thanks for the heads up. I’m more concerned about getting a “nonessential” travel fine by the state. 
The only thing they seem to be pushing are fines for not social distancing. Even then they are gonna go after groups who make a scene i would imagine. I couldn't find anything solid on travel. I looked as i was interested. This would make sense to me. They dont have a lot of legal ground to stand on there. Especially when cuomo blew a fit at rhode islands goveror for suggesting blocking ny travel there. Executive actions are not laws and enforcement is murky at best. No one wants to try to fight something but you would probably win. Best to fly under the radar and not draw attention (my general life philosophy).

I think as said parking is your primary issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app