Boat launches without barricades are presumed opened. Chatted with a family member who is State Park Police Officer. If you’re at a boat launch and an officer pulls up, they will talk to you about social distancing, ( hint hint-don’t take a boat load). Be responsible, respectful and don’t be “THAT GUY”. We fishermen and women are a friendly and social gang of people that enjoy our sport, you don’t have the right to give us a bad name or reputation. All trends and numbers are pointing in the right direction. As the saying goes 20% of the people cause 80% of the problems. Don’t be a 20% er !!!!

• Like 1

As of this past weekend, private AND public launches should be re-opening, per an article in the Syracuse news.  The state guys should thus be busy this week removing all the barriers they put up two weeks ago. Give a shout if you see the barriers removed from the Mexico and/or Pine Grove launches.

35 minutes ago, littlemack01 said:

Hachimo , Do you have a camera at the launch or did you decide to leave the Quarantine area ?

Well I gotta come clean. I’ve been against makin this trip till this virus cools down, but back to work monday and was told no time off till mid summer. Got here with no stops, Got The boat in the slip with zero contact, cooler full of food and beer, and sleeping in the boat as usual. Got enough fuel till Saturday so need need to be within 30 ft of anyone. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, littlemack01 said:

Hachimo , hope you have a good weekend .I saw that construction could finally start next week . I may start my season closer to Rochester in May , since Oswego is closed .

Thanks. Hopefully the lake lays down a lilttle. 2to4’s all day today. I got 2 emergency septic systems to replace next week and the following week there lifting the ban for construction. Definitely gonna enjoy sleeping in the boat tonight and maybe tomorrow cause it wont happen for a while. 

Thanks. Hopefully the lake lays down a lilttle. 2to4’s all day today. I got 2 emergency septic systems to replace next week and the following week there lifting the ban for construction. Definitely gonna enjoy sleeping in the boat tonight and maybe tomorrow cause it wont happen for a while. 
Good luck , hope you post how you do.
Sounds like your quarantined in your boat to me,lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So I have to ask:  I watched a couple of guys drop a good size cuddly cabin off the trailer onto the concrete at waters edge Saturday morning  at about 9:40 am at the Mexico ramp.  They were taking up both lanes on the south side of the ramp, and were obviously having a mechanical problem with something.  The trailer was to the waters edge, but not into the water, and the safety chain was obviously not attached.  When whatever it was they were working on came loose, the boat rolled right off into inches of water, but not enough to float it.

Did anyone see how they either got it back onto the trailer or into the water?  It was too big a boat to just winch it back up onto the trailer without doing, even more, significant damage.  I had too leave and didn’t see the ending.

10 minutes ago, cweb325 said:

So I have to ask:  I watched a couple of guys drop a good size cuddly cabin off the trailer onto the concrete at waters edge Saturday morning  at about 9:40 am at the Mexico ramp.  They were taking up both lanes on the south side of the ramp, and were obviously having a mechanical problem with something.  The trailer was to the waters edge, but not into the water, and the safety chain was obviously not attached.  When whatever it was they were working on came loose, the boat rolled right off into inches of water, but not enough to float it.

Did anyone see how they either got it back onto the trailer or into the water?  It was too big a boat to just winch it back up onto the trailer without doing, even more, significant damage.  I had too leave and didn’t see the ending.

Ouch

I just checked the time of a pic I took at the launch when I passed trou. I took it at 10:39am and they must of had it moved by then cause guys were launching. But that explains alot now.