Fair Haven launches

Fair Haven State Park boat launch is "closed". There is a saw horse with a sign that says "Boat Launch Closed" on the left side of the left concrete dock. I called the park at end of the day Thursday and was told the launch was open.  Towed three hours on freshly salted roads to find a closed sign.

Fair Haven State Park boat launch is "closed". There is a saw horse with a sign that says "Boat Launch Closed" on the left side of the left concrete dock. I called the park at end of the day Thursday and was told the launch was open.  Towed three hours on freshly salted roads to find a closed sign.
It's been all over the internet that NY closed all ramps some barricade and some not and left open for emergency first responders. It's beyond me how anyone would tow a boat 3 hours with this covid-19 going on .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Yea the closings of the ramps have been going on for at least a week now. ..But I will say this. When the governor of new york made it official that all marinas, launches etc were in fact closed which was early last week  The office girl at the state park was still claiming the dock was still open. Simply because she was told nothing from her boss....She even posted that  3 days later on the local facebook page when locals were asking if the state park ramp was closed....She chimed right in there and said  "The launch is still open".. Obviously she was telling  people over the phone this as well...This sent a very confusing signal to the locals, some of us questioned her about it on the fb page and of course typical state employee say the minimal that you know so you dont get reprimanded....So she stopped responding...But she basically did cause a  lot of unnecessary confusion..Trust me she aint sayin it now...

As of yesterday afternoon they but barriers, blockades anything you wish to call them up at the park launches and they are officially closed until further notice.....So if anyone does what this guy two posts above me  did the result will be the same....AND all other village docks, ramps, any access is fully blocked off to any recreational or charter business until further notice...

Edited by mrclean

And Mike lol. You now have your answer on what is going on at fair haven. Everything is shut down to recreational nautical fishing. There is a stay at home order and NY PAUSE order until May 15th in New York state so its best to stay in PA for now

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrclean said:

And Mike lol. You now have your answer on what is going on at fair haven. Everything is shut down to recreational nautical fishing. There is a stay at home order and NY PAUSE order until May 15th in New York state so its best to stay in PA for now

Thank You.

So much for shelter in place

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well you and everyone else that goes there. When they closed it and said july 13 that made sense to me because the mayor is giving himself a two week buffer before harborfest would start. Im one of the stage managers for harborfest, they still have not cancelled it yet but are monitoring this situation which to me is a nice way of saying most likely that will be cancelled as well. To put that festival on and secure headliners you would really need more than two weeks....And they have bolted the city of Oswego down they really have

What a day of social distancing! Only boat on Lady O as far as the eye could see. Had a decent morning trolling in and out of a very defined clear/stained water line. Went 7 4 8, all fish between 5 and 7 pounds with a nice 9lb fish to close out the morning. All spoon bite, riggers only (a tad bumpy/windy for boards), 2-6' down over mostly 12 FOW.  

As mentioned, launch at your own risk. There are signs up but the NYS trooper in the parking lot seemed to be tolerant if not accepting of our presence.

12 hours ago, fisherdude said:

It's beyond me how anyone would tow a boat 3 hours with this covid-19 going on .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fisherdude, its easy really. A father and son, both deemed essential workers, both responsible for managing teams of people who support and execute "mission critical" work, who spend way too much time at work especially during a time of national crisis, want to get out and enjoy a morning of safe and healthy recreation. So we do our due diligence to see if the launch is open, as there has been so much unclarity on what is and isn't open, hook the boat up and go.

Our work requires us to train people how to behave in this "Covid" environment, and has us monitored frequently for any potential symptoms. I promise you, our trip from a remote location in the real upstate NY to an empty FH launch did not spread Covid.

Edited by ADKHewes
  • Like 1