1 minute ago, Money Shot said:

I went fishing last week.  Left my house with my sons lauched the boat and went fishing.  We made no stops and didn't come within 500 yards of another human.  Explain to me where the problem is.  Your ridiculous rant makes it sound like its impossible to follow the presidential and CDC guidelines and go fishing.  There is absolutley ZERO substance to your argument and quite frankly you sound like you got dropped on your head. 

The problem isn't the guys following the rules, it's the idiots out there fishing with their buddies.  You can't be that short sighted to not understand that can you?   

Did they tell you thats what they are doing?  Do you know for sure that is happening?  Do you know if those "buddies" live in the same house or maybe they don't but work together everyday as essential employees.  You are making a TON of generalized assumptions and ranting on a fishing site.  Think about that for a minute. Believe what you want and conduct yourself the way you see fit and other people will do the same.  We do live in America.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Money Shot said:

Did they tell you thats what they are doing?  Do you know for sure that is happening?  Do you know if those "buddies" live in the same house or maybe they don't but work together everyday as essential employees.  You are making a TON of generalized assumptions and ranting on a fishing site.  Think about that for a minute. Believe what you want and conduct yourself the way you see fit and other people will do the same.  We do live in America.  

You think they aren't?   Since when is the sport we love so much not shared among friends?  I'm not lumping everyone into the same group here, I fish solo and I know a lot of guys that have fished solo after all this craziness has happened.  The problem is there are people out there that think this doesn't affect them.   Being an essential service makes no difference at all.  I'm deemed essential as well, you're not going to find any of my co-workers in my boat because we've been given that ridiculous title.    The problem is common sense isn't so common, this is the reason ramps are being closed down because some people cannot be trusted to do the right thing.   

By them just simply ignoring the stay at home rule and going to a launch thinking they should be able to fish indicates a disregard for others. I live alone,  Im staying home just out of respect for those that actually work in this crisis.....

• Like 1

Mr Clean you want my wife to stay home and not fish or go boating (luxury not essential) but at the same time you want us to go to your restaurant for takeout (luxury not essential) which is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A big thanks goes out to all you morally superior people who choose to sit home and judge me as I go trolling by. One less set of boards I need to maneuver around today.

Edited by spoonfed-1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Money Shot said:

I went fishing last week.  Left my house with my sons lauched the boat and went fishing.  We made no stops and didn't come within 500 yards of another human.  Explain to me where the problem is.  Your ridiculous rant makes it sound like its impossible to follow the presidential and CDC guidelines and go fishing.  There is absolutley ZERO substance to your argument and quite frankly you sound like you got dropped on your head. 

Let me offer a little perspective to this. I've known and fished with Adm Byrd for over 35 years and he has much passion for fishing and I've never seen him get this upset about anything. The reason is that his boat is all set and ready to go fishing at home but he is working each day. Doing what you ask...working directly with the EMT's and medical people in ambulances dealing with this damned virus while the rest of us sit at home on our asses in safety. I have never seen such blind selfish comments as are appearing on here by some people that don't seem to have a clue about what is actually going on around us. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 6

Mr Clean you want my wife to stay home and not fish or go boating (luxury not essential) but at the same time you want us to go to your restaurant for takeout (luxury not essential) which is it?
Love it , couldn't say it any better !! long as you give his family money it's ok .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1