Easter Browns/Roch Braddock

Hit the lake at 11am with my son out of the Genny.  Headed west and found decent water, lots of good marks in 30-40 but no takers.  Trolled in towards Braddock and we went 3 for 4 on browns within a few hour span.  12-15 FOW, the first action was a double, a green/black bay rat off the board and a watermelon spoon off the rigger back about 40 feet, down 8ft.    We netted both fish at the same time it was pretty cool.   The other two were also on that same black/green bayrat, temps were pretty much 44 degrees throughout.  All fish a little bigger than what I wanted to fry up, so we snapped a quick pic and got em right back in.    Great afternoon, left the house, made no stops, caught some fish, came straight home, we didn't come within 500 ft of another person.  Thanks to my brother Tim for the keys to the Grady, I left you a few beers under the seat buddy.

Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-39-47.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-27-23.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-37-06.png

• Like 5

Hit the lake at 11am with my son out of the Genny.  Headed west and found decent water, lots of good marks in 30-40 but no takers.  Trolled in towards Braddock and we went 3 for 4 on browns within a few hour span.  12-15 FOW, the first action was a double, a green/black bay rat off the board and a watermelon spoon off the rigger back about 40 feet, down 8ft.    We netted both fish at the same time it was pretty cool.   The other two were also on that same black/green bayrat, temps were pretty much 44 degrees throughout.  All fish a little bigger than what I wanted to fry up, so we snapped a quick pic and got em right back in.    Great afternoon, left the house, made no stops, caught some fish, came straight home, we didn't come within 500 ft of another person.  Thanks to my brother Tim for the keys to the Grady, I left you a few beers under the seat buddy.
Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-39-47.thumb.png.7c23719fc6b8bc2824c0bb70dd04c60b.png
Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-27-23.thumb.png.b97de20528d0a961d9387fe04ee68aff.png
Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-37-06.thumb.png.43c0bcc581385f24993a5f167233331a.png

If you have a good look at the tails, you can see that one is a brown and the other is an Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

12 hours ago, troutman10 said:

Congrats! Would that bayrat happen to be Esmerelda? Black back and green belly? If so, just bought a couple. 

Yes thats the one !   We were laughing because no matter where we moved that lure it hit, leadcore off the back,  mono off the board etc.   We kept saying we wished we had a few more to run then as we were packing up for the day I saw that my brother had two more in the box.   Damn.

Also can Bay Rat make those hooks any sharper?  Im starting to think they catch more fish because of the freakishly sharp hooks more than anything else.  They tend to bend a little, my advice is if you think you have a king on lighten up that drag if possible, I had one mangle up a bay rat hook and get away last week. 

Screenshot_2020-04-13-11-24-14.png

Edited by KevinFarrell