Boat control bayliner trophy 2460

Hachimo

After reading another topic It got me thinking a little about boat control. (I didnt want to hijack that post). 
so often when the wife and I are fishing and we get a little wind she has issues tryin to keep it straight. I’m wondering if tossing bags of each side would help to control it all. I troll with the main and I can troll down to 2-2.2 so I’m not lookin for them to slow me down as Much as boat control.  Any input from u guys. 
also what size Would I be lookin to get and are they as simple as tie to a cleat and toss em over. Never used bags before

as usual. Thank u fellas 

Dropping two bags will definitely help settle the bow down and hold a straight course when it gets rough.

You will also increase the rpm's and prop thrust which also improves your steering.

I have an extra set of 24" bags you can borrow to try out on your boat.  Stop by sometime when you see the cover come off my boat on Stock Farm Rd.  

• Like 2

Fishnut how do you like your 2452 for fishing? I’m lookin to get something a little newer. Seen pics of the 2452 but never setup for trolling or been on one. Is there enough deck space for fishing? Seems to be bigger on the cuddie end. 

They are bigger on the cuddly end, you can fish 4 people really good. I run 2 riggers, 4 divers , 1 tail gunner down the chute and 2 coppers off the planners. When my wife and I go for long fishing weekends we sleep on the boat. It’s great for that. It’s no speed machine but it fishes very well. I have a 9.9 four stroke we use for trolling. It will troll down to 1.0 and up to 4.0 unless the wind is blowing harder than 15mph. They we drop the bags and fire up the big motor. It’s a great boat for what we use it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Dropping two bags will definitely help settle the bow down and hold a straight course when it gets rough.
You will also increase the rpm's and prop thrust which also improves your steering.

I have an extra set of 24" bags you can borrow to try out on your boat.  Stop by sometime when you see the cover come off my boat on Stock Farm Rd.  
Yes. Also, IO's are notorious for wandering all over the place. I am assuming you have an IO. All the weight and drive are in the very back of the boat, making the bow light. Plus, you put a couple adults back there, and it is worse. Put bags out, keep them midship, trim your drive all the way in, and consider some weight for the bow and it will help.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Makes sense to me. Never thought of the weight displacement. Althou I store all my gear in the cuddie, but alot of it comes out and goes to the rear while fishing. The boat definitely wonders all over The place with the slightest wind. 
thanks for the info

Bags help, planer boards out help, a kicker with an attachment steering bar to the main motor all help prevent over-steering. Your trim tabs down at different levels could hamper or help as well. 

Edited by Gill-T

I relocated my batteries up in the bow. I have 4 of them. That really helped take the wondering out of the steering and it jumps up on plane faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United