From an RN

I'm a union contractor in Philly. I've worked in every hospital there as well as most schools and industry in the tri state over the last 35 yrs. Some of the best hospitals and medical staff in the country, Children's Hospital being the gem in my opinion. They closed job sites back in early March but some are still running on skeleton crews if you sign a waver. I'm still home, and broke. Others are living large, with lots of OT.
I wonder what the world would be like if stupidity was painful! ???.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I need to clarify this post. I’m not an RN. I copied it from a friends post she is the hero. These people stare the beast in the eye every day they need and deserve our Thanks and prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
I agree with everything she said, but I hope she wasn't driving to her family's house with scrubs she had on while working!!! Kind of sounded that way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you look back on the history of pandemics, it is always the second surge that is the deadliest. Reopening too soon could see this explode into something really out of control. It also could put our health care system in grave danger. I6 For those who think Sweden has handled it well by not shutting down, this is completely false. They have the most deaths per capita of any of the Scandinavian countries. No one likes the situation we are in. We just have to deal with it and not contribute to the problem. I am self employed so I am suffering financially like a lot of you. If you think by reopening businesses, things will be back to normal, thats not going to happen. Life as we knew it will not be the same for a long time. A lot of businesses in European countries that have reopened have very, very few customers. People are afraid to go out. Accurate tests and a cure/vaccine are the only things that will get us back to any semblance of normality. My hat is off to our healthcare people and first responders who are in the thick of battle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

21 hours ago, VooDoo said:

If you look back on the history of pandemics, it is always the second surge that is the deadliest. Reopening too soon could see this explode into something really out of control. It also could put our health care system in grave danger. I6 For those who think Sweden has handled it well by not shutting down, this is completely false. They have the most deaths per capita of any of the Scandinavian countries. No one likes the situation we are in. We just have to deal with it and not contribute to the problem. I am self employed so I am suffering financially like a lot of you. If you think by reopening businesses, things will be back to normal, thats not going to happen. Life as we knew it will not be the same for a long time. A lot of businesses in European countries that have reopened have very, very few customers. People are afraid to go out. Accurate tests and a cure/vaccine are the only things that will get us back to any semblance of normality. My hat is off to our healthcare people and first responders who are in the thick of battle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very nicely put. :yes: