Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SharkHunter

Turkey loads?

I don't see the idea behind the small shot. Sure you may get a lot of small holes in paper at 50 yards but you aren't going to penetrate the bones of a turkey head and neck with 9 shot at that distance or further. Besides isn't the point of hunting turkey to try and outsmart the bird with the brain the size of a peanut and call them in close. Shooting turkeys at extreme distance is the equivalent of sky busting waterfowl.  Learn to be even a moderately competent caller and get the birds inside 50yd.
I like to take heads off . Not body shots . X full at 6 steps or 60 yards all the same when they are dead. Nothing like reaping a turkey at 6 steps not sure how in your face u can get...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don’t buy the Winchester double x they are bad look at the boxes , bought a box half the shells were bad and they won’t let you return them, happened to me last weekend , they  were going to take them down but looks like they didn’t, they said they would discount if I bought another box but couldn’t take them back , so I grabbed long beard instead of the double x they did discount them at 100% but made me take the bad ones, but I had to complain very much to get them to do it, check the shells before buying 
What was wrong with half of them ? I picked up a box of them to try out .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They don’t pattern as good as the long beards out of my gun and also seem to kick more , don’t know if it’s the 1300 feet per second